viii

BYUN BAEKHYUN.

I was sitting at my desk, the side of my head resting on my palm. I was dozing off, as I was waiting for Ha-yi to—

My phone beeped, causing me to abruptly jerk my head up. I quickly rubbed my eyes and looked down at my phone.

New message.

My heart immediately started to race. Wow, calm down Baekhyun.

I took the phone in my hands and unlocked it, revealing the message. It was from an unknown number.

It must be her.

I quickly set the number's name. I didn't put her name, as I didn't want Chanyeol to go through my contacts and find her name there. He'd be confused.

Night owl: Hello ;)

The corners of my mouth perked up. Flirty, eh?

No Baekhyun. It was probably a typo.

My fingers moved to the keyboard, and I started typing.

To: Night owl

Baekhyun: Hello! :)

Hm, no.

I'm replying way too fast. And that exclamation mark sounds way too excited.

I deleted the message and continued to think hard about what I should write.

Maybe I should mention her name? She'd be surprised.

Baekhyun: hello ha-yi

I shook my head. I sound like a freaking stalker.

Baekhyun: hello ha-yi :)

There, a little emoticon makes it sound better.

I breathed out and hit the send button.

Phew.

—-

LEE HA-YI.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone sounded and vibrated.

Crap.

They replied.

I looked up at my brother and gulped. He just raised his eyebrow and gestured over to my phone.

I took in a deep breath and slowly picked up my phone. Damn, why am I so nervous? It's only a text.

I looked down at the screen.

Someone: hello ha-yi :)

Whoa.

That was the first time they had called me by my actual name. Usually they would call me something like 'night owl'.

"What did they say?" Hwan-soo's voice cracked.

"They know my name!" I shoved my phone in his face, his head backing up so he could get a better view.

"Ask them who they are!" He suggested.

"Should I?" I raised my eyebrows. He just vigorously nodded his head back.

I typed in my message and hit send.

To: Someone

Ha-yi: who are you?

Hopefully they'll tell me.