xv

LEE HA-YI • XXX

I was walking down the quiet corridors of my school with Baekhyun by my side. It had been around a month since we first met and we had grown closer than ever. I felt a lot more comfortable around him.

Chanyeol was absent on that day. I think he was sick so he couldn't come to school. Me and Baekhyun had just finished eating our lunch, and we had no idea of how we should spend the rest of our lunch break. Usually Chanyeol would be the one to come up with the ideas. He was the happy virus out of all of us, after all.

"Hey, where have I met you before, Baek? Honestly," I blurted out, turning to face him.

"Uh, why do you ask?"

"I don't know, it was just a spur of the moment thing. Anyway, answer the question, don't try to change the subject like what you normally do," I playfully narrowed my eyes at him as he sighed in defeat.

"Okay, I.. I have met you before."

"What? Really? I knew it! Where? When?" I excitedly let the questions shoot out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

"Whoa, chill Ha-yi," Baekhyun chuckled back. "Uh, in the school corridors-"

"When? What? I don't remember that!"

"Let me speak, gosh!" Baekhyun frowned at me. I just smiled innocently as he scoffed.

"Okay, uh, maybe a few months ago?" He scratched the back of his head. "I accidentally bumped into you in the corridors and helped you pick up your stuff. That actually made the both of us late for class. Does that ring a bell?"

Yes, it does, actually.

—-

FLASHBACK.

I walked down the corridors towards my next class, looking down at the sheets of paper in my hand. I was trying to organise them into categories so it'll be easier to find later on. Ugh, why do all the teachers have to give homework at the same freaking-

Something hard bumped into the front of me, sending my worksheets flying, causing me to tumble over a little bit. I internally scoffed. Why, out of all days, out of all people, does it have to be today, and me?

"Oh, shoot, I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," a guy's voice, probably the one who bumped into me, spoke.

I continued to look down at the ground, trying to retrieve all of my loose worksheets. I noticed that this guy was now helping me pick up everything. At least he has manners. "Oh, um, it's okay," I quietly mumbled. I didn't want to seem like some mute girl.

This guy handed me the last sheet of paper and I heard him stand up. I stood up as well, brushing my brown hair out of my face. Putting a calm smile on my face, I looked up at my saviour. His brown, tousled hair slightly covered his cute eye-smile. He looked about the same age as me, but I had never seen him before. That was when his sweet beam instantly morphed into an awestricken expression.

I was going to ask if he was okay, but then I realised how late I was going to be for my Maths class. "Thank you, um," I began, but I obviously didn't know this guy's name.

Then the school bell rang. Well, I'm already late now.

"I.. I gotta go," the boy hurriedly said before turning around and rushing down the corridor to wherever his class was.

Okay then?

—-

"So that was you?" I breathed, returning back to present day. I was right. I had met him before. No wonder why his face was so familiar to me.