xvii

BYUN BAEKHYUN • XIV

It had already been ten days since me and Ha-yi went on that little picnic together in the local town's park. I felt so comfortable around her now. I knew everything about her, and she pretty much knew everything about me- well, almost. I felt like Ha-yi was getting quite.. attached to me. And I'm not saying that was a bad thing; it's absolutely amazing, actually! But.. I was afraid. Of the consequences. I don't know. Ugh. Stop Baekhyun. No, no, just no.

I shook my head, attempting to get rid of those thoughts. I shouldn't be thinking about that. Just.. cherish the time you have with her now.

I was walking down the busy school hallways, snaking in between the crowds of students who were not-so-nicely blocking my way. As usual, I was about to meet Chanyeol and Ha-yi. During our free periods or lunch, we started to go to the unused music room in the old wing of the school a little more often. It had sort of become our main hangout place. We weren't even allowed to be in that area. Only we knew about it, and we kept it that way.

Right before I had begun to approach the old wing of the school, I suddenly felt the familiar slight, sharp pain in the side of my head. I flinched at the discomfort, and raised my hand to rub my temples, in hopes of it being able to sooth the pain a little bit. Please, not now.

After a few seconds, the pain subsided, and I had already reached the door of the music room. Leaning forward and placing my ear on the thin door, I was able to make out the sound of an instrument being played. I smiled before opening the door and walking in.

"Baek!" Chanyeol grinned as I stepped inside the music room, shutting the door behind me. He was perched on top of a stack of boxes, a guitar in his hands. He instantly resumed playing it after greeting me.

"Hi guys," I took a seat on the piano stool in the corner of the room. I looked over to Ha-yi who was sitting cross-legged on the floor, a notebook laying on her lap, and a pen in hand. She didn't exactly acknowledge my presence when I walked in, as her attention was completely fixed on the writing in her book. I watched her eyebrows crease a little as she crossed out something on the page.

"Ha-yi?" I called out. Her head shot up, mouth agape. But then her expression immediately softened when she noticed it was me who had called her.

"Baekhyun, you're here," she said, as a smile creeped up onto her lips. She quickly gestured for me to come over and I stood up with no hesitation to do so.

Ha-yi patted the free space next to her and I sat down right after. "What are you doing?" I craned my neck so I was able to see her notebook.

"I'm writing a song," she said back without looking back up at me, "well, at least, trying to." She ended her reply with a sad sigh.

"Hey, don't be like that. I'm sure it is amazing," I nudged her shoulder and she just quietly giggled. "Let me see," I held out my hand and she placed the notebook in it. Holding it closer to me, I read the lyrics and was instantly awed.

"This is amazing," I grinned at her.

"You really think so?"

"Of course."

Ha-yi took the notebook back and began to brainstorm a few more lines of the song. I watched her write over her shoulder. Her handwriting was cute.

"Sing it for me," I asked her. And she did, without hesitation, this time.

My love is like a red rose,

It may be beautiful right now,

But my sharp thorns will hurt you.