behind the book

the letter

My night owl.

하이.
(ha-yi.)

내가 돌아왔어요. 미국에서.
(i am back. from america.)

걱정하지마! 나는 다시 떠나지 않을거야~
(don't worry! i will not leave again~)

사실은, 보고 싶어..
(actually, i missed you.. )

-Baekhyun

P.S. Window. ;)

basically, in the alternative ending, baekhyun never passed away. when his mother told ha-yi that he wasn't there, she actually meant that he was out of the country, in america, getting treatment. his cancer had disappeared after doing so, and he returned to korea to see ha-yi, hence this letter. before he came back, he had gotten in contact with chanyeol, that's why he was acting suspicious when ha-yi visited the coffee shop. baekhyun also had to give the letter to hwan-soo in person, so that's why ha-yi's brother was being all secretive when he gave the envelope. :)

— ; —

A/N.

so i've finally posted the meaning of the letter from the alternative ending, what do you think?

the true ending for this book is the original sadder one, but i provided this alternative ending just to heal your broken hearts hahah :) you can, of course, imagine this as the real ending, it's all up to you.

if you have any other things you're confused about in the story, comment it down below and i'll add it into this chapter to explain everything in detail.

anyway, i hope you guys enjoyed this book. i love y'all. <33