x

BYUN BAEKHYUN.

I was at my desk doing my math homework. Well, more like procrastinating. Or maybe just thinking about Ha-yi.

Hm. I actually don't know why I decided to text her, telling her that she can call me on the phone again. I think it was just because of was guilty of hanging up on her abruptly the other day. Or did I just miss her voice?

I let out an annoyed sigh, closed my eyes, and slumped down on my chair. I have been stuck on the same freaking question for about fifteen minutes.

The ringing of my phone caused my eyes to flutter open again, before I felt my nerves kick in.

Crap.

I looked down at my phone's lit up screen. Ha-yi.

I took a deep breath in before answering the call.

"Ha-yi," I was the first one to speak this time.

"Hello," she said back. She sounded nervous. That makes two of us, then.

That same smile I always unconsciously put on my face appeared, as usual. Only she could make me smile like this.

"How are you?"

"I'm.. good," she half-whispered.

Silence.

God, it kills me every time.

"So..." I dragged on the word, not even sure of what to say next. Ugh, why does this have to be awkward?

"Let's take turns in asking each other questions," Ha-yi blurted out randomly. I could tell that she was smiling.

"Questions?"

"Yup. Well- I won't ask you to say your name or anything, I mean, as much as I'd like to know it, I know you aren't comfortable with telling me, but you're welcome any time," she started her rambling. How cute.

I chuckled at her adorable mannerism. "Alright then."

"Okay, I'll start. So, what's your favourite food?" She asked me.

"Pizza," I replied without hesitation. Without a doubt, pizza is my favourite food.

"Ugh, you're such a typical boy," she jokingly scoffed.

"Excuse me?" I pretended to be offended by her remark.

"I mean, basically all boys love pizza. Like my brother, or my best friend Chanyeol," she replied.

"I know," I answered back without thinking- again.

Idiot!

"You.. know?" She hesitantly asked.

Ugh.

"Do you know Chanyeol?" She asked again.

"Uh, I-"

"Please, don't hang up," Ha-yi cut me off, pleading.

I let out the breath that I was surprisingly holding in without me knowing.

"Please. Let's just, you know, have a normal conversation. I want to get to know you," she said.

I don't know if that's a good idea, Ha-yi.

Please don't get too attached to me.

But I went along with it anyway.

"Okay, fine. My turn," I said, before starting to think about what I wanted to ask.

"Uh, so about that guy, Chanyeol, you said?" I started.

"Oh, yeah? What about him?" She answered.

"Do you like him?" I quickly said.

"Well, of course! He's my best friend!" She cheered.

"No, not like that. Like.. more than a friend." Psh, why am I even asking this...

"..I don't know." Ha-yi said after a while.

She doesn't know?

"What do you mean?" I continued to try and get the answer out of her.

"I just- ugh, why are you even asking this? You're funny," she giggled, leaving me sighing inwardly to myself.

I'll never get an answer, will I?

Ugh, why do I even care?

"So, you don't like him?" I attempted to confirm her answer once again.

"Hey, you've asked your question. It's my turn," she said.

Never mind.

"So, um.." she thought about a question for a while, before I interrupted her thoughts.

"Hey, what's taking so long?"

"I have to think of a decent-enough question now, since this is the only chance I get to talk to you!"

"Fine then," I said back and continued to wait.

"When will I meet you?" Her question sort of caught me off guard, so I had to organise my thoughts before answering her back.

"Who knows, night owl," I replied softly. Who knows if we'll even meet?

"Hey, why do you call me that?"

"I don't know."

"Tell me," she pleaded. I desperately wanted to see her face, it sounded like she was using her aegyo.

Her cuteness never failed to make me laugh. "Alright then," I started, "it's because your eyes are big. Like an owl's."

"You know what I look like?" She exclaimed, shock evident in her voice.

Once again, Baekhyun, going on and blurting out idiotic things.

This time, I decided to go along with it.

"Yes, indeed," I answered confidently as I heard her gasp.

"I definitely know you," she remarked.

"You don't," I quickly answered.

"I'm going to find you, 'someone'. You go to the same school as me."

"How can you be so sure?" I playfully replied.

"Well, how else are you giving me letters in my school locker?"

"Magic?"

"Shut up," she scoffed as I started to chuckle.

"You're making it easier for me. Same school, you know me, so possibly same age, same year, and same best friend!"

"We'll see, Sherlock," I said back. Even though everything was true. Crap.

"I... I want to meet you," she suddenly whispered into the phone, her different tone of voice sending shivers down my spine.

"Me too." I answered without hesitation. I truly wanted to.

"Will we ever meet?" Ha-yi asked.

"Yes, we will. Soon."

"When?" She asked again.

"Friday night." I replied. For some reason I wasn't feeling nervous anymore. I felt.. sure. And certain of what I wanted to do.

"Friday? This Friday?" Ha-yi sounded pretty surprised. I was even surprised myself.

"Yes. Without a doubt."

Without a doubt, I love pizza.

And without a doubt, I want to meet you.

Badly.