Friends 'Till the End...

A few months later...

Celeste and Noi were the best of friends. Even after Noi evolved, they still played together like little kids. Almost everyday they did something together.

But today was different. It didn't start that way though. Celeste woke up in the same spot, her little hollow in the tree. Her and Noi met in the same place for breakfast. They played together all morning until lunch. And that's when Celeste's whole world turned around.

"Noi! Pass me a berry," Celeste said to the noivern. Noi smiled and was reaching into the picnic basket, when he heard an ear splitting, blood curling howl.

The two friends looked up, frightened and the howl grew louder. When the noise grew loud enough, Celeste and Noi saw what it was: a pack of at least 20 mightyenas.

Noi stood up to his full height. He was larger than Celeste remembered. But that didn't matter.

The mightyena in front, which looked like the leader of the pack grinned widely. "Look, boys. A full day's worth of eating," he said, gesturing to Noi. As he said this, the whole pack smirked.

Celeste mumbled to Noi,"Come on... We'd better get going before something bad happens."

The noivern looked at her. "No... These guys interrupted our picnic... Our free time... They're invading our territory. Someone needs to teach them a lesson."

The pack leader's grin widened,"A lesson you say. I think this foolish meal is trying to challenge us..." He looks at Noi with an evil spark in his eye,"I'll tell you what: we accept your challenge. If we lose, we'll never set foot on these lands again. But..." His grin grew so wide that it looked demented,"if you lose, we get to eat you for dinner, AND take your star-headed friend to."

Noi looked up bravely and nodded," I acce-" Celeste interrupted him,"Noi, think about this!!! If you lose, he'll eat you..." The noivern looked at her. "Then I won't lose... I promise."

Five minutes later...

The lead mightyena stood on one side of the meadow and Noi stood on the other. "I can't wait to see how bat tastes..." He said and made the first move. He used his sucker punch but Noi quickly flew out of the way.

"My turn..." Noi said with a grin. He used dragon claw and scratched the mightyena across his eye. "Ha!" Noi laughed,"looks like you won't be on these grounds much longer."

The mightyena growled fiercely. "You...you ruined my face.... You'll pay for that..." As he said this, he threw a shadow ball at Noi, but it was once again dodged.

"Try harder!" Noi laughed again, getting cocky. He picked up the mightyena and was going to use sky attack but the mightyena bit his leg. Noi screamed in pain.

"Now..." The mightyena's smirk grew back. "Let's end this..." He used sand attack, blinding Noi and when it cleared, there was a terrible sight.

The whole pack of mightyena was surrounding Noi beating him up and tearing him apart.

Celeste screamed and flew over to help Noi but before she reached him, one of the mightyena grabbed her by the leg and pulled her down, trapping her.

Noi saw this, though his vision was going black at the edges. He was too weak to fight back. He knew that this was the end. So, before he blacked out, he yelled six words to Celeste.

"I'm sorry. Friends 'till the end..." then his eyes rolled to the back of his head. His pulse stopped.

Celeste screamed,"NOI!!!" but it was too late...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Omg I'm sorry for the tragedy guys... I'll admit I cried a little while writing this... Hope you enjoyed and didn't use up a box of tissues..