Temptation

Celeste watched in horror at Austin and Spike. She saw the trainer's arm come up with the whip as he shouted a command. Then SLAP! The whip came down hard. Spike yelped in pain but followed the orders.

This continued for an hour or so, and then they went off to bed, Spike limping in pain. Celeste couldn't bear the thought of what she had just witnessed. She wished that Spike would run away from his abusive trainer. No Pokemon deserved that...

A few days later her wish was granted. The abuse was continued for a while, but then Celeste heard about Spike and the rest of Austin's team running away. They had had enough of this torture. So, that night, Spike, a Poliwhirl, a pidgeott, and a raichu ran away.

•••

Celeste's POV
I felt a huge weight lifted off of me when I heard Spike's brilliant plan... I was being driven insane by watching him go through that... Arceus says that I can't go down and I have to wait for the perfect moment...

•••

Celeste felt some relief that they were away from the trainer. They had ran all the way to the next town. They set up camp in a forest. Celeste was content and fell asleep.

The next morning...

Celeste woke up and peered over the ledge of her star, down on earth. She spotted Spike discussing something with the Pokemon he was with. Later on, she saw the four of them split up. This scared Celeste, because Spike was vulnerable alone.

Meanwhile, down on Earth...

Spike walked away without looking back. He was weary and a bit sore. He had many scars but none were as great as the large burn/slash on his stomach. But despite the pain, he continued on, thinking only of survival.

Even though it had only been a few weeks, Celeste was a distant memory; their past together like a fairy tale. He tried to remember that and felt a slight twinge of pain and guilt in his heart. He pushed the thought away and continued to walk.

It had been a while, so he decided to take a break. He was tired and sore. He lay down under a tree and fell asleep. Suddenly, something in the bushes moved.

In the sky...

"There's something there..." Celeste whispered to herself, anxiously. She was scared-no, terrified-of what would come next. She couldn't bear to see Spike hurt anymore.

Suddenly, three figures emerged from the bushes and started to attack the sleeping Spike. Celeste was horrified. But then, something happened. Spike began to glow. A pair of wings sprouted from Spike's back as soon as they touched him. But Spike was still asleep. So, the surprised kidnappers dragged him off.

A million thoughts went through Celeste's head at once.

Who are these Pokemon? Where are they taking Spike? What are they going to do to Spike? How did Spike do that? Since when can he mega evolve? Should I forget the perfect moment thing and go down and help him? These thoughts and so many more surged through Celeste's head.

She watched them as they took Spike into a cave. Then she saw what they were. There was a Ninetales, an arcanine, and a lucario.

Celeste heard the Ninetales whisper to the bigger arcanine,"He looks like a strong one... Now, Blaze, go get some rest. Me and Shadow will watch the hostage. You've helped enough for today."

The arcanine, apparently called Blaze, nodded and pawed off to a different section of the cave. Then, the lucario said to the ninetales,"So, Flare, how will he be of use to us?"

The ninetales named Flare shrugged. "I don't know, Shadow. Let's just let him revive... I have a bit of a soft spot for him, so let's not hurt him," Flare said to the lucario.

Celeste felt something in her chest at the words "soft spot." What was it? Jealousy? No... Well, maybe. She wished she was down on earth with Spike. She wish she had rescued him. But she pushed that thought to the back of her mind.

Flare took her paw off of Spike. Then, to all of their surprise, Spike started glowing again. When the glow faded, he was a normal absol again. Then he began to stir. Flare and Shadow hovered over him.

Spike slowly opened his eyes and a look of relief washed over Celeste and Flare's faces. "W-where am I?..." Spike asked, looking around in confusion. Flare replied,"You're in our cave. I'm Flare, Shadow is the lucario, and my boyfriend Blaze is sleeping right now, but he's an arcanine."

At the words "boyfriend," relief washed over Celeste.

A few days later...

Spike woke up, feeling much better than he did three days before. He knew it was time to get back on the road. So, he waited until the three Pokemon woke up, and then he told them about leaving. They did not accept the news well.

Blaze, the arcanine that Spike had met on the second day, pawed up to Spike and said,"If you want to leave, you'll have to battle me."

•••

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :3 don't have anything to say except for: GET BETTER SPIKE! DUNT LEAVE MEH ;-; ElementAbsolite