Returning Home

Celeste's POV
I couldn't think straight, but I knew one thing for sure: Spike was gone. Whether we'd meet again, I didn't know... I wish I would've told him how much I loved him when I had the chance... Now it's too late...

•••

As Celeste watched Spike disappear, she thought that all was lost. "S-spike... I never told you how I felt..." She whispered and then just fell on the ground and cried. She wept for hours. She lay there, heart broken, when suddenly, a ray of light came out of the sky.

Celeste looked up and saw a large figure descending. "Celeste... My poor child... I'm sorry... I should've brought you home sooner..." The large figure said and Celeste quickly wiped her tears and looked at him, curiously.

His feet touched the ground and Celeste instantly knew who he was. Before her stood the creator of the universe. Arceus stood there looking at her with sadness and sympathy in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, my dear... I put you through so much pain.... I could've taken you out of it, but I just stood by and watched... It was a terrible and greedy mistake... I'm so sorry... Let's go home," he said and embraced her.

In the midst of her tears, Celeste looked up, with confusion in her wet eyes. "H-home?..." She said, wondering where Arceus was talking about.

Arceus smiled a bit. "Yes...your true home. Up among the stars," he said and looked up. Then he looked back at Celeste and said,"You'll love it up there. Let's go."

When Celeste nodded, Arceus's smile grew and they began to levitate upward, towards the starry sky. Celeste, still upset, tried to push Spike to the back of her mind so more tears wouldn't come. She was full of curiosity as they flew higher and the ground beneath her got smaller.

Then, after a minute or so, they stopped. Celeste's heart jumped at what she saw. Not only were there millions of stars surrounding her, but amongst them were her future friends. Celeste saw a mew flying in a pink bubble, and a gensect sitting on a star. She looked and saw her old "instructor" Luna, the Cresselia.

They all looked over at Celeste. The mew flew up to her happily. "Hello there, I'm Bubbles! You must be Celeste. I hope we can be friends!" Bubbles said excitedly and then flew off.

The gensect looked over at her, nonchalantly and remained seated. "Just call me Gensect. It's a pleasure to see you in person, Celeste. We've heard a lot about you," Gensect said, in a monotone voice.

Now, it was Luna's turn. Celeste felt a little anxious, for she remembered that day, long ago. Luna flew up to her. "Look who's back! Did you learn to fly?" she said and smirked. "I see you made some friends on earth. That didn't go very well, did it!" Luna laughed maliciously.

Arceus gave her a cold glare and Luna quickly stopped and bowed in apology. Celeste, however, was hurt by the words. Arceus saw this and whispered to Celeste,"He's not gone, you know. In fact, you could watch him from up here if you wanted to."

Celeste heard these words and felt a little bit of hope rise up in her. "Y-yes, I would like that very much, if you don't mind..." She spoke softly and Arceus smiled and nodded.

Arceus floated over to another star and Celeste followed. Directly below her, Celeste saw a sight that delighted her. Spike was walking with his mother, into the Kanto Region.

Celeste smiled softly and whispered,"I will be with you, Spike. Even if you don't know it. I will find a way to be with you again, no matter what it takes..."

•••

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!! ElementAbsolite has been bugging me to update, so ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, SPIKE?!? Lol I'm just kidding. Sorry I took so long to update. Life is busy, as I'm sure you all know. But anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter!!! So leave a comment if you have a suggestion and don't forget to vote! :3