Departure

Just gonna give a shoutout to all my active readers! You guys mean so much to me and I love you all!!! If anyone is wondering who they are, just look in the comment section of my recent chapter and they're there. Thank you all ;3

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

One day, Celeste and Spike were out playing in the pasture where Celeste learned to use her attacks. They were playing a game of tag and Spike had tripped. They both lay on the ground, a giggling mess, when Mama Sol beckoned Spike to come.

Spike tilted his head but walked over and they went into the cave. Celeste stayed put, afraid of interrupting something personal. So, she sat in the grass, entertaining herself with small things like flowers and bugs.

Many hours passed. Celeste grew worried. 'What's going on in there?...' Celeste wondered, but stayed put.

At about sunset, Spike finally walked out of the cave. But something about him was different... His eyes were red from...crying? No. That couldn't be it. He walked slouched over, as if carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. He approached Celeste and seemed like he had trouble not bursting into tears.

"Celeste... Papa Sol is...dead..." As Spike said this, he couldn't contain his sadness any longer. He sobbed, tears rolling down his face. Celeste stood there, shocked, not thinking she had heard right. Then she let it sink in. In the next moment, her and Spike were both crying.

But Spike had more bad news to tell.

"A-and that's not all... The pack is leaving... The mightyena have won the war and we can't stay here anymore... B-but me and my mom are...splitting from the pack... And we're leaving you... She thinks you'll be safer on your own," Celeste's eyes widened at those last words and that's when she felt a pain in her chest, like her heart was being ripped out.

"I only have 10 minutes to say goodbye, Celeste..." he said, through sobs. Celeste just stood there, still crying, not knowing what to say or what to do anymore.

"I-I'll miss you... You were my only friend... I'll make it my personal quest to find you after all of this is over so we can live a peaceful life here again... I don't know if I can live without you, but I'll have to stay strong. I hope the same for you..." He looked into her tear-filled eyes and one last tear fell from his cheek.

"Goodbye, Celeste..." Spike turned away and walked over to meet his mother. Together they walked. Over the mountains. And out of view. Celeste watched them go, and her heart shattered. She fell to the ground as she watched Spike disappear over the mountain.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the short chapter... But there's a bit of a surprise in the next chapter. But thank you all for reading!