Tech(nological) Support

Interpol Headquarters - Lyon, France
Thursday - March 27, 2014
0615 hours

It was the second day of the investigation. All of us had forced ourselves to wake up early (including me, because I had trouble keeping away the nightmares again), compensate the cold water with the heater in our showers, and clothed ourselves in warm threads. I chose to wear my usuals though, because I was getting used to to the cold weather after living for years in the tropical weather of Malaysia. Just another red plaid button shirt over an olive green tee, and a pair of denim jeans with Converse sneakers.

As told by Geronimo, because I was the one who called Pinky for help, he had me to pick her up at Charles de Gaulle Airport and bring her to Interpol HQ while the rest of The Crew travel straight there.

Just before we continue, let me tell you a bit about Pinky. She is what she is as described by Geronimo in his books; an IT genius, a child genius, and is annoying (to Geronimo). It was true how she was employed in The Rodent's Gazette in the first place as explained in Geronimo's nineteenth book (I can't believe Geronimo signed her job application form by accident). But, not everything about her in the books are true. Geronimo told me that he takes liberties when producing his books, and made up some facts.

The differences about Pinky in the books and the real deal are that she wasn't fourteen when she was hired - she was nine years old. And get this; she was a fresh graduate out of high school when it happened, and earned her college degree in journalism and computer science two years after that. Her outfit also differs from the books; she still has her yellow hoodie, but she wears a denim miniskirt just like Pandora (only it's pink), she wears green tights, and she doesn't wear platform sneakers. She wears pink Converse sneakers that are size 10 instead of 12 (she has bigger feet than mine, and they're size 9) and they don't have pink plastic fish swimming in the soles of them.

And this is the information about her that I've gathered after knowing her for a few months: she was born in September 1999 (which means that she would be in the same age as me, 14), lives in the same street as Grandpa Shortpaws, and she actually does live up to her name. Everything she owns is pink! Her iPhone 5C, her computer backpack, her gaming laptop's keyboard backlight is pink, and she even had Geronimo to order from Apple a custom-painted pink iMac at the office. She's nearly the same as Pandora in terms of personality; feminine, girly, and she keeps up popular trends. She is semi-adventurous, and has a wide knowledge of just about everything, and we could get into long talks about what we're both interested in if any of us mention them. Internet memes. Especially those. And she's one of the few people I told about the microchip and being a Jedi.

We were already on our way down in the elevator to the Operations Command room in the underground levels. That room was built special for The Crew as a gift from Kobel for taking down The Technologist and it is for us to use to direct missions which requires tactical strategy. So far, this is the first time we've used it since it was first built.

"I'm pretty sure that that was a camouflaged 2015 Porsche Macan mule we saw on the A6, Danny," Pinky brought up. We saw a camouflaged Porsche SUV on our way, and we couldn't let go of the topic what model it was.

"High possibility, but why would it have the Cayenne's rear lamps?" I said.

"It's a test mule, they'd put anything on it to confuse people. Especially combined with the rear licence plate mount on the bumper, what's up with that?"

"I know, right? Did you get to see the front? I couldn't turn around 'cause I was driving."

"I did. The center grille was bigger than the Cayenne's. It couldn't be it, could it?"