"Be My Hero Again, Will Ya?"

Saturday - March 28, 2014
Évreux-Fauville Air Base
1425 hours

Two and three quarter hours had ticked by. The sun warmly shone over France, lighting the day bright as it was five minutes to half past two. Our fleet of Black Hawks were inbound the airbase, approaching from southbound. Our aircrafts began their descent in front of the hangars, and the troops onboard watching the ones celebrating our return on the ground (at least the mice sitting at the doors did). The rotors swooshes started to drop a pitch as we slowly touched down.

All five choppers had landed, with the four carrying the four Ghosts detatched first. We unstrapped and disembarked, then headed for the mobile armory in groups. The Crew's members marched together side by side of each other with the other teams behind us, helmets under our arms and primaries on our backs (with exception of Paulina's Barrett). Winds from the spinning rotor blades blew at us. Meanwhile, paramedics rushed to the helicopter with an ambulance stretcher to retrieve Patricia Hart. We kept our pace although we were exhausted. Our bodies began to ache, our muscles cramped, and necks felt like they were about to break. I looked at two of our mission strategists waiting for us at the armory; Russell and Prof Von Volt. My eyes were searching for Pinky. Odd that she wasn't around; usually she'd be the first one to welcome us back.

"Mission accomplished, Crew," Russell started. An earpiece was still in his right ear. "Great to see that you've made it back."

"Good to be back, Russell," Geronimo said. We arrived at the ramp of the trailer and the rest of us climbed in except Geronimo and me. Russell gave them pats on the back, congratulating them on their way in.

"Has Division 2 returned?" I asked them.

"They have about an hour ago," the prof answered. "Their op was a success, they've retaken Porte 4 and secured Melanie Johnson. She's been taken to the airbase's infirmary."

"Cheddariffic. Injuries and casualties?" Geronimo teared the Velcro straps on his vest apart.

"Inflicted only to The Technologist troops," Russell said. "They put up a bloody fight, but nothing our forces can't handle."

Geronimo nodded in satisfaction. "Has the General Secretariat been informed about our success?"

"He has, and he seemed pleased. Ah, you don't have to think much about the post-mission, Stilton. We'll cover it all when debriefing."

Finlay's loud voice neared as he and his teammates walked by. "Welcome back, Division 1!" Russell shouted over to them. Anderson waved and Finlay shouted a "hey" at Russell. "Get to Hangar 2! There's food!"

Pamela butt in between Russell and the prof, her vest and specs off. "Did someone mention food?"

"Interpol brought over a buffet before you guys got back, why don't you and the others go get some lunch?" Russell proposed.

Pamela beamed. "Ooh! Well, I am starving." She turned around and informed the others inside, "Hey guys! We've got a buffet in Hangar 2! Who's hungry?" She was the first to go, then very much everyone went after her after returning the weapons and equipment so she wouldn't finish all the food.

Benjamin, Thea and Pandora were the last mice to come out. "Are you gonna join us, Geronimo? Danny?" Thea invited.

"You three go ahead, I'll be right with you after I return my equipment," Geronimo insisted.

"I'm sticking with Geronimo, you guys go first," I said.

"See you guys there then," Benjamin concluded. I watched them walk off as Geronimo entered the armory.