Under Siege

Interpol Headquarters - Lyon, France
Friday - March 28, 2014
0017 hours - 5 hours later

We turned to the headquarters after the pursuit. Foreseeing that we wouldn't get any sleep for the next six hours, we fell asleep in our cars as they did the driving to Lyon.

All of us had to report ourselves in the conference room for another emergency meeting after we arrived in the dead of night. When we entered, there were only three people: Kobel, Antoine, and Roux (as well as some other agents guarding). Geronimo gave her a long glare as we all walked in. The others settled into their chairs while I stayed outside to company Pinky, and phoned Prof Philips after being excused by Geronimo. Russell went down to the Ops Command early to get some Zs.

Anyway, Geronimo still made his way to his chair near Kobel slowly while giving Roux one of his death stares. Roux reacted to this by looking at Antoine worriedly.

"How the hell did you let them escape?!" Kobel hacked as they entered. As usual, he took his spot as the chairman at the end of the conference table.

He stopped glaring and pulled his chair after unbuttoning his jacket. "With all due respect, sir, we didn't let them escape. They evaded us." He seated himself. He put his serious face on and said, "We apologize for our failure, we really did the best we could."

"Depending on what organization got to them, then I will make an exception."

"In that case, we have confirmation that The Technologists have returned. During the pursuit, their vehicles had the weapons of Hisham Sidik's vehicle technology they stole from his family car." Hisham Sidik was my father.

Kobel arched his eyebrows. "I'm surprised. You and your team had experiences confronting with them, so I expected more from you, being one of the most elite teams in the agency."

"Well, it seems that we need to up our game. The Technologists certainly have grown stronger after their months of silence."

A brief silence filled with breathing entered the atmosphere. "Are the remaining two okay?" Kobel asked.

"Thank God, they are," Hussein replied.

"How'd it happen?"

"It was a planned ambush," Hussein simplified. "When we had a green light at Quai Brainly, two SUVs came in and t-boned the limousines. Then came out armed men, and they shot the escorts dead including the limo driver. That's when we engaged Code 3."

"How did they escape?"

"We caught up to their vehicles after we eliminated thirty cars defending them," Thea answered. "They hit us with a jammer, and all the electronic systems went down, disabling the weapons and nitrous. Then they nitroused out of sight."

"Any idea where they might've taken them to?"

"Ze L'Aquitaine connects Paris and Bordeaux," Colette cut in. "But there are possibilities zat zhey have exited off elsewhere; Orleans, Tours... So, non."

Kobel sighed. "This is worse than I had expected. The Technologists resurrecting, information leaked... The mole is on to us. Four women gone in less than forty-eight hours. I can't have this happening anymore." Here comes the shocking news. "I have no choice... I'm cancelling the fashion week."

"What?!" Roux exclaimed.

"We can't have more of them going missing, Roux. If we do, we risk more government intel possibly getting leaked. This was hard for me to decide, but considering the circumstances... Stilton, I'm giving you and your team one more chance to prove yourself and redeem for what happened tonight."