Chapter 14

A/N: here's another update!

**

Graduation day was here and the whole gang was buzzing with excitement.

"Stiles, I swear if you tug on your  hair one more time, I'm going to call Lydia and let her tie you up." Derek said the moment he came in to Stiles' room and saw his boyfriend tugging at his hair over and over again.

Stiles, on the other hand, exaggeratedly rolled his eyes and said, "Der, my hair is a mess. Lydia and I are going up that stage and  my hair is seriously out of this world!"

Derek laughed as he walked behind Stiles and grabbed the flailing limbs before he could hurt anyone. He turned Stiles' head to the mirror and gently tugged it upwards. It made Stiles moan slightly and Derek, being the tease that he was, nipped at the young man's collarbone.

When he pulled away, he looked up and saw Stiles' cheeks pink as a baby's bottom. He pressed his lips against his neck and said, "Let's go and get out diplomas, babe."

**

Stiles graduated as the salutatorian, his grades just shy away from Lydia's. He cheered for her when they called her for the valedictorian and in return, she did the same, only with a sign that the girls put up while Stiles was walking to the stage with the tip of his ears red and his cheeks red as a tomato.

After that, Derek and Stiles took pictures with their friends.

John Stilinski had tears in his eyes when he gave Stiles a bone crushing hug and a kiss on the forehead, "Your Mom would've been so proud of you, son." He said.

Stiles nodded with tears forming in his eyes. He gave Melissa a rose and a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks as well, Melissa."

And then the Hale came and joined them. Stiles immediately went to Talia and gave her a rose as well, and a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks, Talia."

Talia smiled proudly at her son and his boyfriend and said, "Alright, please remember our party tomorrow at the house. You guys better be there in the morning to help me out with the preparations, okay?"

Their group all exchanged glances and said, "Yes, Mrs. Hale!"

She just rolled her eyes fondly at them and waved them off.

**

The Graduation party was held at the Whittemore lakehouse fifteen minutes in away from the Hale manor.

Everyone was there and the party was in full swing when Stiles and Derek came.

Scott and Kira were talking and laughing as they waved happily at them. Isaac and Allison were dancing together and Derek nodded at the former when he looked up from Allison's neck.

Erica and Boyd were also dancing... well, more like Erica was swaying her hips and Boyd was just appreciating the way his girlfriend moved.

Lydia immediately launched herself towards Stiles and said, "Congratulations to us!"

Derek chuckled at the two of them and said, "I'll go and get us some drinks, okay?" and then left his boyfriend Lydia.

**

Derek went to the kitchen and quickly found two red cups. Greenburg nodded at him and poured beer into the two cups.

And when he turned, Kate was leaning against the fridge with a devilish smirk on her face and said, "Hey, Derek... where's your boyfriend?"

He sighed and said, "Oh, he's around."

"Oh, don't be so cold, baby... Remember all the fun we had? Remember those times when we fooled around after Paige died?" Kate purred as she placed her palms on Derek's muscled chest.

And before Kate could react, Derek's hand was around her throat as he slammed her back to the fridge, "You killed her, you bitch."

Kate's eyes widened at the sight of Derek's eyes; cold and distant, with a slight intent to kill.

"Derek, let her go. She's not worth it." Stiles' voice rang throughout the kitchen and Derek immediately loosened his grip around Kate's neck.

"Jackson, take Derek upstairs." Stiles said and Jackson quickly grabbed Derek's arm and said, "Dude, let's go. I don't want Stilinski bashing my head into the sink."

And when Derek and Jackson were out of earshot, Stiles walked towards Kate and stared deep into her eyes. The young man's eyes darkened as he said, "Don't mess with Derek, Katherine. He's mine and if ever come near him again, you have me to answer to, got that?"

Every single person in the kitchen stared at Stiles and began to cheer for him as he stepped away from Kate. Lydia's eyes landed on Kate and said, "Bye, Kate."

**

Stiles found Derek in one of the guest rooms; curled up on top of the bed with tears falling down his eyes. The young man quickly made his way towards his boyfriend and wrapped him up in his arms. He whispered reassurance into Derek's ears until he stopped shaking and sobbing.

When Derek looked up, his eyes were red-rimmed and said, "I'm sorry... I didn't know what came to me..."

"Shhhh... it's okay. She provoked you. She won't bother you anymore, okay? I took care of it." Stiles said as he pressed his lips against Derek's sweaty forehead.

"You did that iRobot thing that Lydia taught you, didn't you?" Derek stated as he wiped away the tears from his face.

Stiles tilted his head to side like an innocent puppy and said, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Derek let out a shaky laugh and nuzzled into Stiles' neck, "Let's stay like this for a moment before joining them again, okay?"

And Stiles was happy to oblige.

**

Thirty minutes later, they joined their friends and partied the night away. They took pictures; memories of the night that will forever be  engraved in to their hearts and minds.

**