Chapter 9

Stiles started to pace back and forth his bedroom floor when Sunday came. Derek specifically told him to pack an overnight bag and a sleeping bag. Other than that, his boyfriend didn't tell him where they were going.

"Son, seriously, you're going to burn a hole through the floor if you keep pacing like that." John said as he leaned against the door pane with a  cup of coffee cradled between his hands and a smirk plastered on his face.

"I-I... Dad, I'm just really nervous about things. This is the first time we're going on an overnight and unsupervised date." The young man sputtered over his words as he kept on glancing at his watch.

John chuckled and said, "Believe it or not, I almost pissed myself the first time your mom and I went on an unsupervised overnight trip."

"You did? Seriously?" Stiles stood and stared at his Dad with dumbfounded look on his face.

"Yea... I had to get your Babcia's permission by cleaning out their front lawn and their garage a week before our  date." The man continued as he smiled softly as he remembered that moment in their lives.

Stiles' nerves  seemed to have calmed after he saw his Dad like that, "Babcia never told me that whenever I went over to see her." He added.

"Oh, she just doesn't like telling that story because I managed to make her like me." John said, eyes crinkling as he laughed at the end.

And then the doorbell rang and Stiles breathed in this time, "I... I guess this is it, Dad. Wish me luck!"

John walked over to his son and gave him a quick hug and said, "If he does anything that you don't like, you kick him in the balls and call me as soon as you can, okay?"

"Daaaaaad! Derek's a gentleman..." The young man whined as he pulled away and pouted at his Dad.

John chuckled and said, "Other than that, you boys have fun, okay?"

Stiles nodded as they went on to meet Derek at the front door.

Before they could leave, John pulled Derek to one side and gave specific instructions to Derek. Stiles didn't hear them because he was already by the black Ford Raptor. When Derek walked down to his side, he was smiling nervously but waved goodbye to Stiles' Dad like a proper gentleman.

*

Stiles' PoV

When we got inside the truck, I eyed him as I got my seatbelt on. I sighed and with a smirk on my face, I said, "He told you that he'll bury you where no one would find you if you did something I didn't like, didn't he?"

Derek quickly turned his head towards me and gaped at me, his mouth never forming words as I grinned at him like a loon, "He did, didn't he?" I said.

"Y-yea... But Stiles, just know that I'm not that type of guy, alright? I will never force myself on you. Not in a million years! Over my dead body, Stiles!" Derek reassured me and I quickly noticed how red his ears went pink in embarrassment.

I smiled softly at him as I took his hand, intertwined our fingers together on top of the console and said, "I know that you're not that type of guy. He's just being an overprotective father, Der. I'm his only son, remember?"

I noticed how Derek calmed instantly after I reassured him that I trusted him wholeheartedly. He started the truck and then drove off with a soft smile on his face.

*

A/N: Sorry for the late update, guys! Anyway, tomorrow's the start of a week-long vacation and I'm all yours~