Chapter 5

When Derek came home from his run, he immediately went to his room but didn't bother checking his phone and went on to take a shower.

After his shower, he went down to the kitchen to get some food.

He decided to take a nap and before he knew it, it eas already 9:10 PM.

"Derek, wake up. Come and eat your dinner." Talia came knocking on his bedroom door.

Derek woke up dazed and muttered, "Okay..."

He reached for his phone and switched it on. His messages started coming in. When he checked his voice mail, he immediately jumped from his bed at the moment he heard Stiles' voice.

" Listen, I know that you want space for now, but... Whatever it is that's running around inside your pretty little head right now, just know that I will always be here for you... I love you, Derek. So, when you're done being mopey and broody, please meet me by the fountain at the park tomight at 9pm. I'll be waiting, Der. I love you."

He quickly checked for the time and and cursed under his breath as he hurriedly put on his jeans and shoes.

"Mom! There's an emergency and I really need to go and see Stiles." Derek hurriedly exited the house without even hearing what his Mom would say.

He rode the Camaro and he's pretty sure that he just broke some traffic regulations but he doesn't care as long as Stiles was involved.

He checked the clock again and it was almost 9:30. He prayed to God that Stiles was still waiting for him.

**

To say that Stiles was early was a bit of an understatement. He was already at the park thirty minutes before the proposed time and he couldn't help but check the time over and over again.

He wanted to talk to Derek about everything that happened these past few days. He wanted to know if there was still a chance for them instead of treading on stormy waters.

Stiles didn't even notice that he was already waiting for an hour and that he had already missed dinner.

He didn't really care. What's important now was Derek.

But what if Derek doesn't want to be with him anymore?

**

When Derek arrived at the park, Stiles' blue Jeep was still there but the boy was nowhere to be seen.

He ran towards the fountain and found Stiles sitting on the bench, talking on the phone.

"I've been here since 8:30. I sent messages but he didn't reply... What am I suppoaed to think, Isaac?"

Derek stopped midway when he heard Stiles.

"Maybe you were wrong... Maybe he doesn't want me anymore... What if he got scared when I told him that I loved him... Fuck!"

When Stiles hung up, Derek mustered every bit of strength he had and walked towards Stiles.

"Stiles..." He said.

The boy turned towards him and looked as if he was ready to burst into tears.

"D-Derek... Hey..." Stiles muttered as he tried glancing the other way, trying hard not to look into Derek's eyes and jump into his arms.

"Stiles, I'm sorry." was the first thing that Derek blurted out that made Stiles look as if all of his efforts were lost.

"Oh... That's not what I meant... I'm sorry because I ignored you and that I know that I haven't explained everything to you but I promise you that I will... I just don't know how to tell you that I--"

Warm lips crashed against Derek's and made him stagger a bit but he reeled back in and kissed Stiles back and fuck did he missed kissing Stiles.

When they pulled apart, Stiles held on to him as if his life depended on it. He held him close and said, "I love you... Please don't push me away, Derek."

Derek, on the other hand, wrapped his arms around Stiles' waist and pulled him closer and buried his nose at the crook of the boy's neck, inhaling his scent and said, "I love you too... I promise that I will never do that again. I will never push tou away again."

Tbc...

A/N: all mistakes are mine and please don't hesitate to comment if there's any. I will gladly edit any mistakes once I've get my hands on my laptop. I've been writing chaptera on my phone.