Chapter 4

After that confrontation with Kate, Derek seemed uptight about everything.

He seemed paranoid about whatever Kate Argent told him.

"Hey, where's Derek?" Isaac asked as he sat next to me on the bleachers. Scott and Jackson were busy on the field. Allison, Lydia and Kira were busy studying by the bench.

"Uh... I haven't seen him today. It's like he's avoiding me." Stiles muttered softly as he watched Scott dance around Jackson on the field while trying to get a goal.

"Hmm... He's doing it on purpose. Stiles, what made you decide on dating Derek?" Isaac asked, his eyes on his friends goofing off on the field.

Stiles sighed deeply and said, "Because I've been in love with him since freshman year. There was something about him that makes my heart pound... His smile.... Ugh... It's breathtaking... I just can't explain how much I want to be with him, Isaac."

Isaac huffed and said, "Listen, he's doing this thing where he thinks he's doing the right thing by avoiding you and I think that it's stupid. You remember Paige, right?"

Stiles nodded, "Yea, they dated for a while... And then she died at the old distillery in the preserve... They said it was set on fire."

"Well, it's not my story to tell but I'll tell you that it wasn't Derek's fault. We all think it's Kate's fault. Just be patient with him, Stiles."

**

After that talk with Isaac, Stiles' eyes opened to a whole new side of Derek's past.

Somehow, he understood his boyfriend's predicament and he wanted to be with him.

So, he picked up his phone and dialed Derek's number but it went straight to voicemail.

"Listen, I know that you want space for now, but... Whatever it is that's running around inside your pretty little head right now, just know that I will always be here for you... I love you, Derek. So, when you're done being mopey and broody, please meet me by the fountain at the park tomight at 9pm. I'll be waiting, Der. I love you."

**

Tbc...

A/N: sorry for the short update. I promise that I'll post the rest. I've been really busy lately.