Chapter 8

Talia Hale was known to be a level-headed woman. She was patient, strong and quite a disciplinarian. So, it's no surprise that she was a bit disappointed when she received a call from the Sheriff that he found her only son's car parked beside a distinctly known blue Jeep. Said son was also cuddling with the Sheriff's boy.

Of course she was proud of her son for being so strong and mature enough to tell the Stilinski boy what he really feels but Derek made her worry.

"Stiles, sweetie, this is not how I imagined us meeting. I've always imagined meeting you by the produce section at the grocery or at one of Derek's games but..." Talia said sweetly as she sighed with small smile on her face, "Anyway, what I want to know now is how could you two forget to come home and why didn't you just talk at school like normal couples do?"

Stiles bit his lower lip and clinched at Talia's words. She was right.

"It was my fault, Mrs. Hale. Ileft him a message last night and I... I didn't realized that-"

"It's my fault, Mom. I was the one who didn't answer him right away. I was completely ignoring him at school and... Mom, I really love him... So please don't make me stop seeing him." Derek interrupted Stiles. His voice full of love and confidence and Talia was really proud to see her boy standing up and taking what's rightfully his.

Stiles stared at Derek in awe, mouth agape and his heart swelled in pride at how much this young man meant to him.

"Oh no, good heavens no... I will not make you stop seeing Stiles. I will not stand in the way of true love. All I want for the two of you is to be responsible enough to know the mistakea that you've done. You made us worry and the Sheriff looked like he was about to pop a vein. Be responsible, that's all we ask, okay boys?" Talia explained as she brushed off the thought of forbidding Derek to see Stiles.

Derek was like his Dad; determined.

"I understand. I promise to be more responsible and I'll take care of Stiles and not get him into trouble, Mom." Derek said as he took Stiles' hand and held it tightly.

Stiles smiled and added, "Mrs. Hale, I promise that I'll take care of Derek."

Talia watched the two young men interact with each other and she couldn't help but feel at ease right now.

Now, she knows that her son will be well loved in the days to come.

*

Tbc...

Merry Christmas everyone :)
Sorry for the late update.