Chapter 10: With Every Smile

(Your POV)
I woke up to the smell of burning wood and gasoline.
   My back ached, I must of slept the wrong way.
  I sat up and looked over at Jeff who had his hoodie covering his never closing eyes.
    I stretched and yawned making my back pop, boy did that feel good.
         The fire was dimly lit so I got up and put it out with my foot, the heat went through a little bit but not enough to burn me.
     Suddenly I heard Jeff shift in the hay.
  He may have been a murder but he's a good guy when it comes to people he cares about.
  I felt my self smile slightly at him before going outside to get some fresh air.
   The tall yellow grass swayed in the wind.
  We were almost to the city just a few more miles and we be home free of Slenderman's territory.
  Smexy would possibly be a problem but I'm pretty sure Jeff can handle him...I hope he can handle him.....
   Suddenly someone touched my shoulder.
  I screamed and tripped him posing like I was punch him.
  To my surprise it was jeff laying his back with his hands up, without his hoodie he was just wereing his black shirt and jeans.
  "Whoa feisty much..." He chuckled staring at me,.
  "You shouldn't sneak up on people like that! I thought you were sleep!" I fussed.
"I was..til I noticed you weren't in the barn." He smiled even bigger now.
  I sighed deeply, "just don't do it again."
  "No promises..." He snickered, "come on we gotta get going now if we're going to make it to the city." I frowned slightly.
"Alright let me just get my hoodie."
I waited for him outside, the sun shine was amazing along with the fall wind, but it would be even more amazing if we had something to eat.
  Right at the thought of food my stomach growled.
"Someone's hungry.." Jeff said walking up next to me.
  "Eh maybe a little." I was hungry but where would we find something to eat?.
  "I would get us something to eat but...,we won't find any food til we get to the city." Jeff slid on his white hoodie straightening it out.
  Looking at him I noticed he had hole in his hoodie from where Slenderman attacked him.
  "Your not going to aid your wound?" I asked pointing at it.
    "No need to...I'll live." He said walking past me down the road.
  "If it gets infected you won't." I raised an eyebrow walking after him. 
      Jeff put on his hoodie so people that drive by wouldn't notice his cut smile.
   It was really cool now that I thought about it.
    What the heck...I've been thinking about him way too much....I wonder if...no no way...I mean I always found him cool.. BEN talked about him a lot when he came by the house every weekend. It's just I'm surprised I didn't realize it was him when I first met him.
  Or the second time when I looked him up.
  Jeff liked me.....I wouldn't want him to feel different if I said no...plus I wonder what would be like to be with a killer my whole life....who knows if I ever find those kids that drowned BEN I could kill them my self......uh oh...am I thinking like a murder?....you know what who cares! Maybe I am deep inside the opposite of who my parents raised...after killing those kids who knows........I might even kill Slenderman.
  "Hey Jeff.." He moved his head so I could see the side of his face.
  "How long do you think it take to be a murder like you?" I asked walking up next to him.
"I'm not sure...,why?" He asked
"Because....I think I need some blood on my hands.."   I smirked.
  All Jeff did was smile wider and looked ahead.
"Oh....one more question...do you forgive me about hitting you with a bat the first time we met?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
  "Of course.." He chuckled.
"Good." Quickly I kissed him on the cheek and walked ahead like nothing happened.
  He just stopped stunned.
"What are you waiting around for slow poke? We gotta get to the city!" I smirked stuffing my hands in my pockets still walking.
  Jeff chuckled and jogged up next to me. Playfully he shoved me making him shove him back.

         He may have killed my parents and I may I gotten us in this mess but if you ask me....I think we're even.
  But we still have a lot in front of us, we're wanted dead by the creepypastas  which means i can't go back at to my normal life........but at the same time my life was never normal...and With Every Smile....I'm happy with that.