First Strike

Trinity POV

"Maybe I should just do your last client." Grady said.

"No I'm fine." I said holding my unborn, I was experiencing Braxton Hicks pains, just like always.

"Mmm no just sit down Imma do it." Tracey said.

I sat in the empty booth and rubbed through the pain. "Mommy. Mommy." Messiah said.

"Yes baby."

"Here fruit." He said while holding a container full of fruit I made this morning. I opened it and we ate, it felt as if I was eating my pain away.

"You ok?" Henry, the barber of my shop, said.

"Yup back in action." I said hopping up getting my next client. "So what you want boo?"

"An iron out."

"Thats it you have beautiful hair, iron outs are boooorring, especially with this color." We laughed. "You want a new cut, trim, style?"

"I  have been thinkin about getting a bob, but I.. I'm scared."

"Come on girl, no need to be scared I got you and if you want it styled every week Imma do it for you for half the regular price because I did it boo."

"Ok.. ok. Thank you."

I wrapped the towel around her neck and got to work. Three hours later and I turned her around into the mirror. "Look hun."

"Oh my this is so cute. I love this bob Tri. Thank you. Thank you."

"You welcome boo." She paid me and left.

9:00

It was now time to close and Henry and I was the only ones left. We talked about some things as he swept and mopped the floor. I had to wait on Trayveon to come get me from here ugh he was suppose to be here man. He always take his time and slow shit down when it come to me.

11:00

"Henry thanks for staying here with me?" I said.

"It ain't no thang." He said. 

I called Tray again and he didn't answer like the other 20 times. 

"Well do you want me to take you home?" Henry asked. 

"I mean yeah but I... Ok let's go." I mean I was scared and confused because what if Tray was there he'll kill me if he saw me with him. 

We finally locked up the shop and hopped in the car.  I drifted in and out of sleep, while praying that Tray won't see us in this man's car. I felt an abrupt stop and shot up out of my sleep. I looked around to see we were in a drive-thru at Rallys.

"Can I get a Big Buford, no pickles or tomatoes please." He looked over at me. "Would you and lil man like something to eat?"

I popped up to answer the question. "Um yeah, a chicken popper thingy meal for my baby and a chocolate shake and a Big Buford for me also, no lettuce, pickles, or tomatoes."

He repeated everything into the intercom and she gave him the grand total and to pull up to the second window to pay. He arrived at the second window and paid the price and got our food. After retrieving our food, he parked in a parking spot, he passed out our food.

"Here baby get up. You hungry?" I said to a fussy Messiah.

"Mommy I sleepy."  He said pouting.

"Just eat ok." I pleaded.

"Here you wanna watch Spongebob." He reached up and popped out a little TV that hung from the ceiling.