Act One: Jung Kook

Jung Kook grew up as a lonely kid in a dark and dangerous world. Every day was a struggle to survive. He was hiding not only from the deadly grip of the hunters, but also from the possibility to have an encounter with another supernatural creature like him. He was on his own, no parents protect him, no relatives to teach him how to survive and no friends to rely on if a danger of any kind occurred.

Yes, indeed the supernatural creatures were living hidden among the humans for centuries, getting whatever they need, wherever they needed it. As time pasted, even his own kind - one of the most dangerous and vicious, learned to take only the amount of human blood, just enough to sustain them out of hibernation. But they aren't taking anyone's life these days. If you kill someone, the hunters will know and they will catch you and you are never going to see the daylight ever again. But even the desperate once like him, living a miserable life would not dare to do something as stupid as that. Everyone knows that the hunters will not just end you at the spot. They're known for torturing their victims for days, sometimes even weeks before the actual end to come. So for his eighteen years, seven of which he lives alone, he learned to drink from the living only once or twice a month. Never kills and never let them remember. The rest of the time he used animals blood or eat some raw fish from the river near his home, or just take the leftovers from the coffee shop he was working at.

So you see, the vampires actually could survive not only chewing on someone's neck. They also could eat normal food, except it is not as tasty as it is for humans and they also can feel as much as a living person, except they feel the cold more than anything else in life. Of course that is the main reason for them to crave the blood. It doesn't make them less cold blooded, but it gives them the feeling of warmth, they are usually missing. Vampires can also live in the sunlight and even catch a sunburn, not like going all in flames and turning into ash as in the movies. But their skin actually changes quickly from light pink to dark red and it hurts like hell. That was the main reason for the boy to always wear shirts with long sleeves and never short trousers.

This morning, like every other Jung Kook woke up early at dawn, walk out of the wooden hut he was living in and goes to the river's edge. He took a deep breath. The morning air was a little bit ticker than usual, but the boy brush that thought quickly. He took off his clothes and goes deep in the water to clean not only his body, but also to chase the heaviness of the sleep from his mind. After rubbing every dirty spot for at least five minutes each, Jung Kook goes out of the water with a smile of satisfaction on his face. He puts some clean clothes on himself - the only other pair he actually possess and get ready to walk on the long road to the city where he currently was working in a small coffee shop. Not that he actually needed the money that much, but first the humans love for coffee amused him and second every single person regular or new in the town goes once in a while to that place, so if a danger comes to the city, Jung Kook will know for sure.

He walks only a half a mile to the city when some change was brought into the air around him. He can smell it. Something was coming. Not like right at this moment, but he could feel the odd sensation that tickles at the back of his head. He didn't stop to look around. There was no need for that. Whatever was hiding in the future, Jung Kook only hoped for him to succeed surviving through it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some Personal Notes:

Since this is my first original fiction written in English, I would like to apologize for my grammar and typing mistakes in advance. English is not my first language and I did never experienced the long creative writing in it till now.

I hope you would like my fiction and I want all readers to know that I'm open for suggestions and discussion. It is a little bit early for that since this is only the beginning of the story, but it is practically my first one in English so I'll be glad to hear some honest opinions. I'm not looking for it to be more than 10 or 14 short chapters. But then I'm not a short chapter person, so we will see. ^_^