Act six: And where there is a storm, there have been always rain and thunders

Some personal notes:

I'm always open for discussion, suggestions and ready to answer some questions. ^^ if you have any ideas or you are willing to provide with anything to this story's scrip, you are welcome to say it.

Do you have some references about the other couple's OTP, that Would like to appear? I would love to add another one if you like there to be one or two beside the obvious VKook. ^^

Of course, like always, if there are typos or grammar mistakes, please excuse me in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------

What the hunters said about the storm goes out to be the truth. About an hour after it came in town, the darkness disappeared and what it's left was only blood and destruction. The local police was trying to identify the dead bodies, but since there were only skeletons left, it was pretty hard. There were people everywhere. Some of them are visibly scared, looking lost and devastated, others are sobbing around, but still walking toward their homes in a hurry.

The minute there was a light again, everyone gets out of the cafe and split into groups, each of them going on their own tasks. Currency Jungkook was driving back to his so called home with Taehyung behind the steering wheel. Any hatred for each other forgotten, at least for now.

It was a quiet drive. None of them knowing how to initiate a conversation, so they didn't even try. First, they have to go and pull the damaged hunter's car. It was full of ammunition that will be most likely needed at some point later, beside Jungkook wasn't owning a lot of possessions and it would be easy to collect them from his home just before they roll back in town. The two boys get there in a hurry, non of them willing to be on the road at night. For Jungkook it was kind of strange, been precautions about the darkness. He was a creature that lurks his victims when the evening comes and been at stress to be outside of that time was just abnormal.

When they arrived at the side of the road near his home, the sky already starting to goes covered by darkness again. But this time it was a normal storm coming for sure, since both the vampire and the werewolf could smell the heaviness of the rain in the air. Jungkook hurried toward his hut almost running on the way, Taehyung trying to walk closely behind him.

"We should hurry," said the wolf looking at the sky.

"You think I don't know that," asked Jungkook. "I don't have a lot of belongings, so there will be just a couple of minutes to get ready. There is no need for you to follow me, I would've brought my stuff alone. Why don't you go back to the car?"

"I did promise Yunho-sshi to watch over you and I'm going to do exactly that," said Taehyung with pride in his voice.

"Ugh, like I'm a little kid. I'm a vampire for God's sake. I don't need protection from a dog."

Taiyuan whimper and pout at the insult, but Jungkook couldn't care less, the anger slowly rising inside his chests. He was ready to jump the werewolf at any minute now, and not in the nice meaning of the gesture, when he abruptly stops right on the spot. Taiyuan who was closely behind him hit the boy's back and almost succeed falling on the ground.

"Why did you do then," complains the wolf.

"Blood," shortly, reply Jungkook. "I can smell blood and it is coming from inside of my home."

"Maybe you forgot a blood bag there and it gets spoiled in the summer heat," joked Taehyung, but didn't get the chance to laugh hearing the vampire hiss at him.

"There is something alive, that is bleeding over there, you ignorant ball of fur," angrily reply Jungkook. "Are you even have any related part of a wolf? Like for real? Can't you smell it? With those abilities of yours, it is more like I'm protecting you than the opposite."

"You didn't see me in a fight, pretty," smiled Taehyung at the boy. "Let's go and see what is over there and get out of here before the actual storm. I love the rain, but right now I don't feel like having a party in the middle of nowhere and especially not with you for a company. Apparently vampires are not fun at all."

They were almost at the side of Jungkook's improvised home, when Taehyung loudly exclaimed, jumping like a little kid.

"Wow, Kookie this is a real tipi you have there," said the boy, energetically clamping with his hands, like someone just gave him his favourite candies. "Are you having some blood connection with the North Americans people? What I mean, we live in the middle of South Korea, so what are the actual chances to ever see something like that here. Oh, Kookie thanks you so much for giving me the opportunity to witness this. Now I can die happy and with a smile."

Jungkook palmed his face. This was too much. He was a loner and every minute in the company of that lunatic beside him was a real torture.

"Honestly, if you don't shut the fuck up right now I'm really going to kill you and trust me, you are not going to die with a smile. Btw, you are wrong about this whole North Americans, but it is not the time for me to give you a historical lecture."

"O.K., O.K., you party pooper. Lets see what is inside."

The entrance was slightly open, probably for something not so large to go on. Jungkook precociously pull the skin, so he could see inside. Close to the fireplace, there was a pile of his clothes that was supposed to be drying outside under the hot summer sun. Instead, they are now providing heat to a small figure, that was huddled sleeping in the improvised nest. Jungkook goes further in to inspect, seeing that indeed it was an injured animal there. It was not so big silver fox and one of its rear feet was covered in dried blood. The animal looks like it is sleeping. The moment Jungkook knelt beside it, the eyes of the fox open widely. It looked directly at the boy with light purple orbs full of curiosity. There was no fear in them, instead the body of the fox whimper slightly and small yelp of pain escapes the animal's throat. Jungkook unconsciously extend his hand toward the head of his home intruder, just as a strong thunder ripped through the sky and the first rain drops appeared outside.