Taxicab

DAN POV~

I woke up with a huge hangover.

"Phil, my head hurtttsss," I moaned, my eyes still closed as I couldn't even bear to open my eyes to the light I knew was flooding in through the windows.

"Well you drank quite a lot last night." I opened my eyes suddenly. I'd expected to hear Phil come in the room, and instead he was lying right next to me on the bed. I looked around and realised I was in Phil's room. In his bed.

"Why am I in your bed?" I asked, staring straight at him. His hair was sticking straight up, and he looked extremely cute. In a platonic way, I reminded myself.

He suddenly looked really awkward.

"Um... you kinda insisted." He got out of bed and went over to the door. "I've, um... got to go. I'll see you later." He ran out the room and, even though he was still in his pyjamas, I heard the door slam.

Ok then...

I got out of bed and immediately I regretted it. I couldn't see anything and my head had gone all lightheaded and weird. I sat back down on the bed.

I had an awful hangover. I'd been drinking to forget about Phil, and then I ended up in his bed. And he's acting weird.

Shit.

PHIL POV~

So Dan obviously didn't remember anything. Great. Maybe that was for the best.

As soon as I got outside I realised I was still wearing my pyjamas. I couldn't really go back inside the flat so I went to Starbucks, ignoring al the weird looks, and ordered myself a latte, so at least I could stay awake.

I waited patiently for my drink, watching all the happy couples on dates or walking past the window holding hands. One particular couple were constantly kissing and smiling and pulling kissy faces at each other, and I felt my stomach knot. I started to cry.

Why couldn't Dan just see that I loved him? It wasn't that hard, if anything it was pretty goddamn obvious. And then the thing I wanted most to happen in the world happened last night and he didn't even remember it.

I swallowed back my tears and tried to distract myself by playing Crossy Road. I'd been addicted to it for ages and I was actually quite good, but I kept dying. I was hit by a car, and again, and again, and again...

In frustration I threw my phone down on the table only to see an incoming call from Dan.

"Hey Phil. I, um, kinda fell over and I've cut my head open." He sounded a bit dazed, and immediately I began to panic.

"Dan, I'll be there soon." I attempted to run out the door but I tripped over a woman's leg and fell face first on the ground, knocking into the man next to me. He spilt his coffee all over his suit and glared at me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

I ran.

DAN POV~

My vision started to go blurry, and I was lying on the floor of Phil's bedroom with blood pouring out the side of my head. Surprisingly, though, all I could think about was Phil. How he was leaving me, and how I couldn't live without him, and how I think I had feelings for him.

Shit. I just admitted it. I guess I always knew but I didn't want to admit to myself I had feelings that were more than platonic for my best friend. But it all made sense. And soon he was going to leave. I'd never had a best friend before, and I hated school. But I met Phil (well I stalked him...) and immediately we clicked. I instantly knew we were perfect for each other. But I always assumed...

The bang of a door interrupted my thoughts and I jumped as Phil ran into the room, looking panicky and out of breath.

"Shit Dan. Shit." He lifted my head and looked at the gaping gash that was oozing out sticky blood. "Ok you need to go to the hospital." He was paler than usual. He stood up and gently helped me up, and, putting one arm around my waist, he supported me as we walked out of the flat.

We were so close. I could smell alcohol on his breath, and I sighed. He was pressed tightly up against me and I could feel his chest rise and fall as he breathed.

We got in the taxi, and I took the opportunity to rest my head on his shoulder. I looked down and noticed that my blood was running into his shirt so I sat up and waved at it.

"I'm bleeding on your shirt," I slurred, my thoughts all fuzzy and numb.

"I don't care Dan," he said, and wrapped his arm around me.

I closed my eyes to drift off to sleep.

I wanna fall inside your ghost
And fill up every hole inside my mind
And I want everyone to know
That I am half a soul divided

Sometimes we will die and sometimes we will fly away
Either way you're by my side until my dying days
And if I'm not there and I'm far away
I said, "Don't be afraid."
I said, "Don't be afraid. We're going home."

I wanna strip myself of breath
A breathless piece of death I've made for you
A mortal writing piece of song will help me carry on
But this you heard

Sometimes we will die and sometimes we will fly away
Either way you're by my side until my dying days
And if I'm not there and I'm far away
I said, "Don't be afraid."
I said, "Don't be afraid. We're going home."

So the hearse ran out of gas
A passenger person grabbed a map
And the driver inside it contrived a new route to save the past
And checked his watch and grabbed a cab
A beautifully plain taxi cab
A cab, had it cleared out back and two men started to unpack

Driving once again
But now this time there were three men
And then I heard one of them say,
"I know the night will turn to gray
I know the stars will start to fade
When all the darkness fades away
We had to steal him from his fate
So he could see another day."

Then I cracked open my box
Someone must have picked the lock
A little light revealed the spot
Where my fingernails had fought
Then I pushed it open more
Pushing up against the door
Then I sat up off the floor
And found the breath I was searching for

Then there were three men up front
All I saw were backs of heads
And then I asked them, "Am I alive and well or am I dreaming dead?
And then one turned around to say,
"We're driving toward the morning sun
Where all your blood is washed away
And all you did will be undone."

I said, "Don't be afraid."

A/N

Hey guys! Part 4... I'm loving writing this! I basically have no reads but whatever! If you read this and like it please comment or message me coz it would make me so happy :DDD and I need a bit of happiness right now...
Btw the song is Taxicab by Twenty One Pilots- CHECK IT OUT ITS AMAZING OMFG
Love you guys xxx