Well, that's awkward

DAN POV~

I thought something happened the night I was drunk. Phil seemed to want to avoid the topic and I wanted to know why. So I decided to ask.

"Phil, why don't you want to talk about what happened when I was drunk?" I asked bluntly as he was opening our flat door. He looked uncomfortable.

"Nothing," he said a little too quickly, and walked in, holding the door open for me. I walked through and saw some blood on the stairs, making a mental note to wash that off before our landlord decided to pay us a visit.

"I'm not stupid." I was in a crappy mood, and my head hurt, and the last thing I needed was people not telling me the truth.

"Umm..." He coughed. His blue eyes flickered from side to side before looking down at the ground. "You were really drunk... and I decided to take you back to bed... And then we kissed." He turned around rapidly and walked into the kitchen.

We WHAT???? WHY???? So that's why he'd been acting so awkward... he obviously didn't want it to happen otherwise he would not be so reluctant to talk about it...

Well done, Dan, you drunk idiot. So now you've ruined your friendship as well. Congratulations.

I followed him into the kitchen and sat down opposite him. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there.

"We kissed?" I whispered quietly.

He nodded. "I'm sorry Dan, you just kinda came at me but I stopped it and yeh... I'm so sorry."

"It's ok." I tried to hide the disappointment in my voice. It sounded to him like it meant nothing. And that hurt. It really freaking did.

"So... we're cool?" he asked.

"Yeh, we're cool." I answered, fiddling with the sleeve of my shirt. The tension in the air could be sliced with a knife, and so I decided to change the conversation. "When are you going to tell everyone... about America?" I immediately regretted this, as it made it seem even more real.

He looked away. "I'm not sure, um... I guess I'll have to at some point... I mean... Yeh... I don't really know how to do it... But yeh... Um..." He coughed. "I was gonna watch some more of Death Note. You in?" I nodded, and told him I'd be in in a few minutes. Well, that was awkward.

PHIL POV~

Well, that was awkward. And painful. Dan looked so shocked... and I became a mumbling mess at the end of that. What was I thinking? I should have made something up; now he's going to think I'm some weirdo who takes advantage of his best friend when he's drunk. He acted really weirdly, obviously he found it really disgusting and...

I held back the tears, and swallowed, trying to dislodge the huge lump that had gathered in my throat.

And then he brought up me leaving. So casually. As if he didn't care. It was almost as if he wanted me gone... maybe after what I told him he does. But it was him who kissed me, not the other way round.

Oh wow. This is just a mess.

I slumped on the sofa, and then grudgingly pulled myself back up when I realised I hadn't put in the disc. I lent over and as I was slotting the DVD into the machine I heard the door open behind me, and Dan sigh as he sat down.

Silently I made my way back to the sofa and as the opening music for Death Note came on I felt a sneeze come on.

I sneezed.

"Bless you," Dan mumbled.

"Thanks," I said back, wishing the tension could go away, but instead it was almost unbearable.

We'd only been watching for about twenty minutes when Dan made some excuse about being tired and left. It was only 11. I knew he'd be up for ages; he could never sleep before two. Great. I really screwed things up.

I pretty much binged watched Death Note until the house became freezing, and then I went into my room and pulled on my Jake hoodie that Dan got me. I snuggled into it. I was almost asleep when I heard my phone buzz. It was just a notification from Twitter, saying that someone had tweeted me asking for emojis. I replied, sending a plane and the American flag, hoping that no one would question it.

It's weird, thinking that that one decision would change my whole life.

I felt a tear trickle out of the corner of my eye as I pulled in my headphones and fell asleep early for the first time in ages listening to What A Catch, Donnie by Fall Out Boy.

A/N

I finally have a plan for this story!!! YAYYY!!!
Btw if anyone reads it and likes it it would mean the world to me if you comment... :)
Love you guys xxx