It's just a simple kiss on the forehead

DAN POV~

I woke up in a hospital room, the walls pristine white and hand sanitizers by the toilet door. It took me a while to remember what happened, and then as I did I felt my head, and my fingers grazed a huge lump. I winced, and suddenly I heard the door handle click and I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep, as I could not face the thought of having to talk to someone.

I lay there, and sensed my visitor coming towards the bed. I guessed it was one of the nurses, and wished they would go away, but instead they sat down next to me.

"Dan? Are you awake?" It was Phil. I struggled to contain my smile at his presence, but I wanted to see what he'd say.

"Oh Dan, you idiot. What did you do that for? Two days in a row, really?" He took a deep breath. "Who's going to look after you when I'm gone? I'm really gonna miss you, Dan. A lot more than you think. I hope you'll miss me too... but it's better for the both of us." His voice shook.

I wonder what he meant by that.

"I'm only allowed a short time in here but I'd better go. See you later." I felt a sinking feeling as I realised he was leaving, but then I felt his lips on my forehead.

"Love you Dan."

I heard a rustle as he walked out, and I immediately sat up. What did he mean? He said he loved me? But it sounded like it was just friendly. Something you'd say to a friend...

And what did he mean that it was better for the both of us? I would do anything to get him to stay. Anything. I know how fucking cliché it sounds, but I couldn't imagine life without him. I genuinely couldn't.

I could hear a nurse outside the door, and I quickly lay back down, resuming the 'sleeping' position I was in earlier when Phil visited. She came in and checked my pulse, and I could hear paper flicking as she turned my file. I could smell her perfume, it was sickly sweet and as I inhaled it, it made me gag and I could feel a cough rising in my throat. Luckily she left as it became too much, but I could still smell it. 'sillage', I think the French call it.

Why am I thinking about French words? Jesus Dan what are you on about? I think I was trying to distract myself from the burning question that was a raging fire in my mind.

Why did he say he loved me?

PHIL POV~

He looked so peaceful, lying there on the bed. I couldn't believe it was the second night in a row he had got so smashed he was a hazard to himself. I walked over quietly, trying not to wake him, and sat down on the bed.

I was worried about him. When I left what was he going to do? I was always the sensible one: at parties I stayed sober enough to be able to take him home while he got completely intoxicated.

"Dan? Are you awake?" I hoped he would be, but I didn't receive an answer, so I said what I wanted to say.

"Oh Dan, you idiot. What did you do that for? Two days in a row, really?" I sighed. "Who's going to look after you when I'm gone? I'm really gonna miss you, Dan. A lot more than you think. I hope you'll miss me too... but it's better for the both of us." Maybe I was being selfish in leaving, but I hoped that it would be better for him in the long run, too. I sat there for a few moments, watching him sleep. He looked so calm, nothing like what he was like yesterday and the day before.

I could see the nurse outside the door looking at her watch, and so I got up, but before I left I stood by the bed.

"I'm only allowed a short time in here but I'd better go. See you later."

Without thinking, I pressed my lips to his forehead and mumbled, "Love you Dan."

When I left the nurse informed me that if Dan woke up, I could take him home later that afternoon, so I decided to stay in the hospital. I've always hated them, because in a way they seemed more like a factory. There was no decoration on the walls, and the corridors were hushed and the smell of sanitiser could be smelt throughout the whole building.

The worst thing though, was the feeling of despair. In the waiting room there were always people sitting there trying to hold in tears, or someone sobbing uncontrollably while their companion comforted them.

I spent a few hours killing time in the coffee shop by scrolling through Tumblr and Youtube. I looked at the comments section on both mine and Dan's channels, and Dan had loads of comments asking when he was going to put up his next video. I turned my phone off, feeling annoyed at the way they were mindlessly putting pressure on him, without thinking about the fact he was busy enough as it was.

I heard a cough as I was reblogging a picture of some cute lion drawings, and I turned around to see the nurse from earlier standing right behind me.

"He's ready to go home now." She marched off, and I made my way down to Dan's room.

A/N
Hey guys! If anyone wants to write some first time smut for this just message me either on here or on tumblr (cityofclockworkstars) anyone welcome!!!
Love you guys xxx

Should I Stay?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara