Thanks for the memories

PHIL POV~

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact I told him that we kissed. And he seemed surprised that he was the one who lent in?

And he seemed so... disgusted by it. But it wasn't my fault! I guessed I could have stopped it... or not told him... but I'd really screwed things up. If he wanted me to move to America as quickly as I could after this I wouldn't be surprised. It'd probably be easier for him, anyway.

Or maybe I shouldn't go to America. Maybe I should stay at home, in London. Maybe going to America was a mistake. I struggled when Dan was away for a few days; the house seemed empty and lonely and I spent the days moping around the house waiting for him to return. But permanently moving halfway across the world?

That is why I needed to leave. I was too dependent on someone who was supposedly just my platonic best friend.

Why did everything have to be so complicated?

I could hear the cars drive past our house, repetitive as if it was a song on repeat. I found it strangely calming. A single horn sounded, and within seconds it was followed by a torrent of more horns. I heard the slamming of car doors, and shouts that I couldn't quite make out over the noise of the traffic. I stayed, staring at my ceiling for a little while, before giving up on sleep. I pulled myself out of bed and wandered towards the kitchen, running my hand through my extreme bed hair.

My stomach rumbled and I decided to go for a midnight snack, so I wandered into the kitchen and opened the cupboard. I pulled out a box of Special K that just happened to be Dan's, but I decided that he wouldn't be up and helped myself. He hated it when I ate his cereal.

"Phil, what are you doing?" I jumped as I heard his voice, and looked up from the table. I watched him he walked over to the other side of the table and glared at me. "Not again. Why are you eating my cereal?"

"I'm sorry Dan... I was hungry..." I looked awkwardly down at my feet and for some reason this made him angrier.

He stood there, staring at me. "Well eat your own fucking food."

"Dan why are you so angry? It's only cereal!"

"Because you keep doing it."

"I'm sorry Dan. Jesus I didn't realise cereal meant so much to you." I slammed the box down on the table.

"It's not just the cereal."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Doesn't matter." He turned to walk away.

"Dan! What did you mean?" I barely ever raised my voice, but I did now.

"It's just that you're doing stuff that upsets me without realising. Again."

"When have I done that before?" I was confused. I couldn't think of what I'd done to make Dan this upset.

"You're going to America. Halfway across the fucking world. Did you really think I wouldn't care? Jesus Phil it's tearing me apart. I don't know how I'm going to manage without you. And earlier. You just seemed so... disgusted. That we kissed."

"I wasn't disgusted Dan. I thought that you were." He was about to walk out of the room but without thinking I grabbed his arm, pulled him back and kissed him. For a second he stood there, frozen, but he began to kiss back.

Then suddenly he pulled away. He looked me in the eyes and opened his mouth to say something. I pushed past him.

"Dan I'm so sorry I've ruined everything. I know what you're going to say. Don't bother." I ran out the door, and slammed my bedroom door shut, sobbing.

I'd really screwed up now.

DAN POV~

He kissed me. The last thing I expected was to feel his lips on mine, but yet I did. I began to kiss back, but as he had caught me by surprise I hadn't taken a breath and so I needed to come up for air. And I thought we should talk. I pulled back and opened my mouth to say something, but he ran.

"Dan I'm so sorry I've ruined everything. I know what you're going to say. Don't bother."

I ran after him, stopping outside his door. "Phil. Phil. let me in." But he didn't reply, and soon I heard the sound of Greenday blasting through the cracks in the door and I knew that there was no way he could hear me. I guessed that we would have to talk about it the next day, but I lingered outside his room, hoping to hear the music fade out and know that meant he wanted to talk.

It could either go two ways. Either it'll go back to the way it was before... with occasional awkward moments when we remembered, or... something more could happen. And I know which one I wanted.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry I didn't post in a bit but I've been busy with school and then LAST NIGHT I WENT TO A FALL OUT BOY CONCERT AND IT WAS LITERALLY THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE AND OMFG IT WAS AMAZING but now I'm suffering from PCD so... But it was just beautiful!
So yeh... Anyways hope you like it and please comment!
Love you guys xxx