Chapter 2: A New Start

VICKY POV

I wake up to find myself laying down on a couch. I sit up and look at Stryker.

"The operation was complete. You are made of adamantinun now." Stryker says.

"So I am indestructible?" I ask.

"Yes." Stryker replies.

"Today you will be practice fighting." Stryker says.

"Okay." I say.

Stryker heads out the room to the Fighting Room and I follow him.

*In The Fighting Room*

Robots head my way and I burn them with my fire. I claw tries grabbing me but I dodge it and burn it. Robots throw sharp spears at me and I turn to my diamond form. Robot dogs runs to me and tries to bite me but they fail. I grab them by the neck and burn them and they turn to dust. The simulation ends and I am glad that I was not hurt after fighting for two hours.

"Good job Vicky you did well." Stryker says.

I glare at him and walk out the room.

I walk down the hall and find my father.

"Are we going home now?" I ask my father.

"Yup we are but let us head to the store to buy things we need." My father says.

"Okay lets go." I say.

*At The Grocery Store*

My father goes down the meats area and I walk to somewhere else. I spot a little girl who has red hair and green eyes who held her hand out to a top shelf. I peeked from behind a column and the bag of chips start levitating towards her. I walk towards her and she walks backwards.

"Do not worry I will not hurt you." I say to her.

She stops walking backwards and I walk to her and touch her shoulder.

"Your a mutant just like me right?" I ask her.

"Yes." She replies.

"How did you learn to control your powers at such a young age?" I ask.

"I went to a school that was for mutants. It is called Xavier School For Gifted Youngsters. My Aunt Jean brought me there to learn to control my powers." She replies.

"How is it?" I ask.

"It is great! You get to hang out with mutant friends and Professor X is very nice! You will be safe too because the X-Men will protect you." She replies.

"How do I get there?" I ask.

"You can follow me." She replies.

"Okay I will. Meet me tonight at the park." I say.

"Okay and what is your name?" She asks.

"Victoria but you can call me Vicky." I say.

"Okay bye!" She says.

"Bye!" I reply.

I head back to my father in the meats area.

"So where you been?" My father asks.

"Just looked around." I say.

"Okay lets go to the cashier and then head home." My father says.

"Okay." I reply.

*On The Drive Home*

I was going to start my new life soon. No more pain and no more nightmares. It will all start at Xavier School For Gifted Youngsters.