Chapter 6: The Howlett Blood

VICKY POV

I wake up in the middle of the night to my stomach grumbling. I forgot to eat dinner last night. I walk quietly to the kitchen. I make sure no one is there and open the light switch. I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat it with some milk. I finish eating and walk back to my room when I spot someone on the balcony. I used my telepathy to find out who it is and it is Logan. I start to walk towards him.

He smells me and quickly jumps around. I fall to my feet and he helps me up. He tries avoiding my gaze but I try to look him in the eye.

"Kid why you awake?" Logan says.

"I was hungry. Got a midnight snack." I say.

Silence fills the air. I want to read his mind but I know that if he found out I did he would be more angry at me. I ask him questions.

"Logan why are you mad at my father?" I ask.

"It is a long story kid." Logan says.

"I have all the time in the world." I say.

"Okay here is the story. Me and your father were super close before. We had each other's backs. We both joined the army but William Stryker then came along and offered us to join him. We did. After a while we found out that Stryker's goal was to kill innocent people. I quit his team but your father did not. I lived a peaceful life after that but Stryker needed me again but I refused. After a while I accepted the deal of making me adamantinum to kill your father. It happened but I never saw your father again. We have been enemies since then." Logan says.

"Stryker tortured me too. He did tons of tests on me and my father did not do anything. So I ran away." I say.

Logan put his arm around me neck and I leaned into him. I guess he was not mad anymore.

"I am sorry about earlier. Your not like your father at all." Logan says.

"And your not like him at all too." I say.

"You should meet your cousin." Logan says.

"What is her name?" I ask.

"Her name is Laura. X-23." Logan says.

"She is your daughter?" I ask.

"Kind of like. She had a past like you." Logan says.

"Nice to know I was not the only one going through it." I say.

"Yeah kid. The Howlett family went through a lot of things but we stick together." Logan says.

"So what am I going to start calling you?" I ask.

"Logan. I do not like the sound of Uncle Logan." Logan says.

I chuckle at that and Logan smiles too.

"Thanks Logan. For everything." I say.

"Anytime kid." Logan says.

We both head back to our rooms. I am happy to know that someone also knows what I am going through.

It runs in the Howlett blood.