Ch. 6 ~ Happier. . .I Think

A/N: I know, y'all probably hate me 'cause Hayley's with Ron. . .

But all in good time, my friends.  All in good time.

~Aleia >:)

________________________________________________________________________________

Seeing Malfoy miserable was probably the funniest thing ever.  To some.  But why did I feel so. . . so. . . miserable, myself.

It was like his pain hurt me, too.

Grrr.  Damn him!

But I was finally with Ron.  Ron was finally mine.

I had been dreaming about this forever.

I love the way his hand feels in mine, right now, as we walk to Potions.  So warm and friendly and comforting and familiar, already.

I love the way that, whenever I look up at him, he's smiling down at me.  So caring and good and. . . mine.

When we walked into the Potions room, everyone turned in their seats to stare.  I looked to the side and saw Draco leaning against the wall.  It looked like he was talking to Crabbe and Goyle before I came in, but stopped once he saw me with Ron.

His face was turned into a scowl, even though those are infamous with the Malfoys.  His white-blond hair was messy, not slicked back, as per usual.  But his eyes killed me a little inside.  Though he might have looked a little upset on the outside, his eyes were full of pure hatred. 

But I ignored that.  I didn't care about him.  At least, that's what I kept telling myself.

I pecked Ron on the cheek and separated, and while he sat with Harry, I sat with Hermione.  I smiled at her.  And though she smiled back, I noticed something flash in her eyes.

It dazed me, not for a second, but for the whole class period.  I didn't raise my hand and pretend to be as smart as Hermione.  I didn't participate at all in the class.

After class, Hermione got up and left the room, sort of in a rush.

I was about to chase after her and ask her if she was okay, when I felt someone lift me off my feet and hold me in the way you would hold a baby. 

I turned my head and found Ron grinning madly at me.

"'Ello, love," he said, kissing my lips.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer, trying not to think about Draco and Hermione.

But it was hard getting lost in Ron's kisses when I was thinking about all the hurt and betrayal and pain in eyes that were never filled with those emotions before.

One's that were always just warm and soft and friendly.  Like a teddy bear.

A warm brown teddy bear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After class, and after Ron kissed me a few times, I realized I hadn't written down the assignment, and while Ron offered to let me copy it, I politely declined, needing some time alone.

But, it turns out, I wasn't alone after all.

"What do you want now, Draco?"  I was irritated.  I needed to be alone, to get things straight.  One thing, involving him.

"I haven't been able to sleep."  His voice wavered a bit.  "I can't concentrate in classes."  He chuckled slightly.  "And all because of you."  He whispered the last part.

I turned to face him.  "Draco, don't," I started, but I couldn't finish.  He was so close, I couldn't see anything but him.

I felt his breath on me.  It was so warm and oddly comforting.

"I need to know something," he whispered.  He was so quiet, I barely heard him.

"Shoot," I replied, barely audible.

"Did you feel them, too?"  I felt his eyes on me, but I couldn't meet them.

I didn't answer.

"I can't be the only one, Hayley."  His voice was getting stronger.  "Did you feel them, too?"

I didn't answer.  I couldn't answer.  I couldn't do anything.  I was paralyzed.

All of a sudden, he gripped my arms tight and shook me.  "Please, tell me," he begged.

But, before I could answer, he smashed his lips to mine.

I felt them definitely this time.  Sparks.

But, ignoring the sensation, I pushed him away.

"No, Malfoy," I growled.  And though it killed me, I ran out of the room, leaving him standing there.

But there was no denying it this time.

I definitely had feelings for Draco.

Oh, shit.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so, did you like it?  I tried to make it as dramatic as possible.  I'm not very good with drama, but, hey, I tried.  BTW, I will upload as soon as possible with the other HP fan fic, but I want to work a little more on this, so expect good things this week.

Happy Fourth of July, my friends!

And WHOA!!! Almost a thousand reads!!! Keep telling your friends!!!!!

Comment, Vote and Fan!!!

Yours Truly,

Aleia :)