Ch. 10 ~ I Admit It

A/N: So, over 5,000 reads!!!!! Also, I'm down to the 140's on the What's Hot list.  And between number five and number four in fan fiction!!!  Thanks guys!!

~Aleia :)

P.S. I dedicated this chappie to crulgirlzrule because they have been supportive of this story since the beginning.  Thank you!!!! :)

_________________________________________________________________________________

I quickly grabbed parchment and a pen, wrote a quick note, summoned my owl, Journey, and shooed him off, the letter within his clutches.  I knew Journey wouldn't fail me.

I slipped on my slippers, grabbed Harry's Invisible Cloak (I kinda stole it) and a torch, and made my way out of the dorms.

I headed outside and to the lake.  I waited for five minutes, then ten minutes, then fifteen minutes before I started worrying.  But when Journey landed the ground next to me with a note, for some reason, I instantly stopped panicking.

The note read:

Don't worry, I'm coming.  McGonagall is in the hallway and for some reason, I can't find the Invisible Cloak, so I'll be a while.

I wonder what this is all about. . .  I hope you're okay.

Please stay there, I'm coming.

I smiled at the fact that he worries about me, even in the dead of night when I know he'd rather be sleeping.

I shivered into the cool night.  But even though it was cold, the sight was still beautiful.  The lake cast off the moonlight to where it broke into a million pieces like a disco ball.  The sky was so clear that I was able to make out a few constellations.  It was absolutely magical.

I waited for about five more minutes before I heard soft footsteps on the marshy ground.  I didn't turn, though.  I knew it was him.  I knew the way he sounded when he walked like the back of my hand.  I mean, it's so similar to mine.

He sat down beside me, looking out on the lake, like I was doing.

"What's wrong, Hayley?" Harry asked.  Concern was just dripping from his voice.  It was then I realized just how much he cared.  

And I hated him for it.

"Nothing's wrong, Harry.  Absolutely nothing."  But I couldn't help it when my voice wavered.

He was silent for a few moments.

"Then why are you crying?" I asked in a whisper.

When he said that, I was able to finally take note of the silent, warm tears that had made their way out into the open and onto my cheeks.  That was when I finally let it all out.

"I'm sorry if you hate me, but I-I just can't help it."  I was sobbing so hard while I said this, I knew he could barely understand me.  But I didn't put that into perspective as I went on.  "Harry, one of the very, very little things I remember Mother saying was to always follow your heart, no matter what mess it got you into.  And, so, that's what I'm doing right now.  I'm following my heart."