Ch. 13 ~ Mysteries and Lies Revealed

A/N: Sorry for the wait!  But here it is! Chapter 13!  But I have a question.  Should I or should I not enter this for Watty Awards 2011? I've a lot of readers and votes and stuff sooo... Should I? 

Tell me what you think!

Peace,

Aleia :)

________________________________________________________________________________

I was stuck.  Paralyzed.  Harry had been right about Draco.  Harry had warned me that Draco was a Death Eater.  He told me he couldn't be trusted.  And he was right.

Damn him.

As I turned the corner, I ran smack into Harry.  By the look on his face, I could tell he had heard Snape and Draco talking.

He turned to face me.  Once he saw me and figured I'd heard too, he smirked.  Just a little and just for a second, but I still saw.

I sighed heavily.  "I know, I know.  You told me so.  Shove it, Harry."  I pushed past him and returned to Slughorn's party.  As I entered, I saw Hermione leaving, her eyes red and puffy from crying.  Probably over Ron.

Anger boiled in me.  Part of the reason I'd left Ron was because I found that Hermione had feelings for him.  How could he be so thick?!

I headed out the room, and walked through the portrait hole to get into the Gryffindor common room.  I walked straight up to Ron, interrupting him and Lavender snogging.  I shoved past her and slapped him so hard, his head rocked back.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you, Ronald?" I screamed in his face.

Ron had a look of absolute astonishment on his face.  Added with terror, and his look was rather funny.  But Lavender didn't think so.

"How dare you lay a hand on my Won Won!" she shrieked.  She tried pulling me away from him, but I didn't budge.  When I didn't move, she instantly dropped my hand and moved about a meter away from me, absolutely terrified.

I turned back to Ron and shouted, "Why are you so bloody thick?!"  I slapped him again and walked out of the common room and into the girls' dorms and found Hermione sitting on her bed, looking out the door in tear-filled eyes.

"Thank you," she whispered.  "Thank you, Hayley, so much." 

I comforted her as she sobbed.  Finally when she was done bawling her eyes out, I tucked her in and let her get some rest.  I did as well.

*~*~*~*

After break, I noticed Harry and Ginny getting awfully close.  Ron finally broke it off with Lavender,  but not while he was fully conscious, so he didn't remember a thing.  He was still glad, though.  And no matter what, so was Hermione.

Every so often, I'd catch Draco's eye and he'd hold my gaze for a moment before pain and heartbreak overwhelmed me and I had no choice but to look away before I broke down into hysterics.  I never really knew how he affected me until after we had broken up.

One night, after an unfair detention from Binns, I was walking to the dorms when he intercepted me and I couldn't move.

"D'you ever find it?" was the first thing he asked me.  He cocked his head slightly, making it easier to see the dark shadows under his eyes.

Though no one else could even guess what he was getting at, I understood him perfectly.  The gift from Sirius.

I shook my head sadly.  "No," I said in a trembling voice.  I looked down as a tear ran down my face.  It slipped off the edge of my nose and fell to the ground.  "No," I said again, this time more to myself.

But when I suddenly felt his arms around me, my mind went blank.  I found myself not pushing away, but pulling him closer to me, as if I couldn't be without his touch.

And when his lips crashed down on mine, I didn't hesitate to kiss him back.  I clung to him like I was holding him for dear life.  I ran my fingers through his silky hair and I shuddered as he ran his fingers down my back and pulled me even closer.

We finally broke apart, out of breath.  He pushed me away a little to get a good look at my face.  As he looked into my eyes, very sincerely, he said, "I love you, so much."

And at that moment, my heart dropped.  Like completely free fell.  Dropped out of a plane and fell at peak velocity.  Then it shattered into a million pieces, because not two seconds later, had I looked down for just a split second and saw the thing that I had never hoped in seeing.

The Dark Mark.  And it shone so prominently on the arm of the man I loved.

I scrambled away from him so fast, a race horse would've been jealous.  "Stay away from me!" I cried. 

When he held his hand out to me in a gesture to calm down, I shoved past him and ran as fast as I could to the Gryffindor common room.

But when I looked over my shoulder, I saw Draco chasing after me.  I shrieked and pushed myself even harder.  I turned the corner and was instantly greeted by a student smacking into me. 

When I tried to get up, I heard Draco behind me shout, "Get her, Crabbe!"  And all of a sudden, I was being trapped onto the ground by a pair of rough hands.

I was no match for the large boy and didn't hurt him a bit as I kicked and clawed at anything that would cause any form of pain.  At that point, I was beginning to get mad at myself for losing all that weight.

When I was finally picked up off the ground and shoved into the wall by Crabbe, I had begun to scream at the top of my lungs.

Crabbe put a hand over my mouth to shut me up, but I bit him and continued to shout.  But when I had bitten, he jumped back in surprise and loosened his grip on me a little.  I used the opportunity to push him away, take out my wand, and back away slowly.

"If you think this is a good way to a girl's heart, Malfoy," I spat, "then you are extremely demented."  I raised my wand, about to perform a spell, when I heard a rough voice shout something and everything went black.

I dreamt of killing Malfoy over and over again while I was knocked out.  I took that time to plan. 

And I knew the truth now, there was no hiding it from Dumbledore.  Malfoy was done for.