Chapter 5

The following morning, nearly everybody was getting up with the sunrise, excited to get the day started.

Sonic woke to Silver eagerly nudging him in the side.
"Come on, Sonic!" he smiled, "Today's the day!!"

Sonic yawned and stretched before standing and shaking himself. "I'm guessing you slept well then," he smiled at his friend.

"Definitely," the silver Submissive giggled, "Now, come on, we need to get together and make sure that everyone is up so that we can get started."

"Okay!" Sonic grinned as he started to wake up a Submissive that was sleeping close to where Sonic and Silver were.

The little guy whined in his sleep and tried to swipe Sonic away, but the blue male soon had the sleepy guy up and helping them wake the others.

Before long, everyone was up and once a look out announced that all the Dominants were in place at their nests - an older, more experienced Submissive turned to the younger ones and gave them a quick pep talk.

"Alright, everyone listen up." he said, "To those who are first timers and haven't been here before, I want to give you some advice:

One, take your time in choosing your partner; check out the Dom's nest and the Dominant himself thoroughly. Ask him questions about himself as well; it'd tell you what kind of male he is.

Two, view females as a threat. If you see a female approaching a male you may be interested in, do whatever you have to to drive her away. If not, she just may walk away with your mate instead. DON'T let that happen.

Three, if you are satisfied with a Dominant and want him as a partner, you are to sit beside him for at least half an hour and fend off any others that come close to him.

And lastly, the fight. Make sure the Dominant doesn't hurt you too badly, but make sure he is strong enough to fight you off - it will show how strong he is when it comes to protecting his family. Any questions?"

Everyone shook their head no.

"Good," he nodded, "Then I wish you all the best and a successful mating this year."

He then gave the signal to the lookout and with a mighty roar from the Dom and female lookouts signaling that they too were ready, the excitement began.

The group quickly dispersed as the Submissives went to check out the different nests that were scattered round the area. Sonic took this as his opportunity to go and look for the one Dominant that he knew he wanted - no, needed - as his mate.

Along the way, he passed multiple nests where Dominants proudly stood. Quite a few were even trying to get his attention to come over and take a look - at the nest or the Dominant himself, Sonic wasn't sure, but he paid no attention to them other than to give them a smile and a polite shake of his head to say that he wasn't interested as he continued to look. Eventually, after quite a bit of searching, Sonic happily found the ebony male he'd been looking for.

Only problem was that a pink female was running her mouth off with him, though Shadow didn't seem interested. Sonic growled angrily, baring his fangs. If there were two things in the world he highly disliked the most, it was Females and the colour pink.

.....That is, unless it came to Sonia, but she was his sister and she was more magenta than pink so that was an entirely different story.

Sonic stalked his way across to Shadow and the pink Female, trying his best not to kill the talkative girl.

"Ahem," he loudly cleared his throat, catching their attention.

"Oh, hello Sonic," Shadow smiled, sounding relieved to see him.