Chapter 17

A/N: Sorry for the extremely slow update on this story, but to make up for it, here's a lengthy chapter. Comment and enjoy!!

--

The excitement died down after a couple of days, the new parents easily settling down and getting to grips with each pup's likes, dislikes, their eating patterns, their individual personalities, and so forth.

And though he didn't show it, Silver longed to have what Sonic and Shadow had. He couldn't wait for his own pups to get here...

He didn't have to wait very long, as not four days after the hatching of Sonic's and Shadow's eggs, Silver felt a small nudge against his side in the middle of the night.

Slowly waking and glancing round the cave with sleepy eyes, the Uke frowned as he saw that Sonic and Shadow were fast asleep on the other side of the cave with their pups in their nest and Mephiles was fast asleep next to him, curled lightly round Silver and their eggs.

The Submissive shrugged and decided to go back to sleep.....only to snap his eyes open when he was nudged a little harder the side that time.

Looking to see what was poking him, he gasped when he the eggs were cracking and moving about.

Tears of joy filled his eyes when he heard his babies calling out to him from on the inside.

He excitedly nudged Mephiles to try and wake him up, even taking the tip of his ear into his mouth and tugging on it when the Seme didn't wake up.

When even that didn't work, he huffed and was forced to use drastic measures.

A sharp smack of his tail right across his mate's snout did the trick.

"Ow!!" Mephiles yelped in pain, instantly waking up, frowning sleepily at his mate with a paw over his throbbing nose. And before he could ask why he'd done that, he noticed him smiling.

Then his ears twitched at the sound of pups squeaking and whimpering, but when he looked over at his brother's nest, all of them were still asleep.

Looking down, it was his turn to gasp and get all excited as hearing his pups for the very first time.

"They're coming, Mephie," Silver smiled happily, the tip of his tail wagging with his excitement.

"Finally," Mephiles laughed quietly, his tail swaying happily as well.

"We're finally going to be parents, Silv," he said with joy, nuzzling his mate and both turning their attention to the egg that was wiggling the most, a silver pawed foot poking out before tucking back inside the shell.

Awwing at the sight, Meph leaned in closer to the egg to see if he could help the little one out.

Looking inside, he could see a little lime green eye, just like his own, peek back at him before it closed again, the baby whimpering and whining as the pup squirmed for some help in getting out, it's little chest panting heavily.

It was already getting tired.

Being careful to not harm the pup inside, Meph then used one claw to gently pry away the top of the egg, revealing the tiny pup inside, which made it easier to topple right on out.

"It's a girl," Silver gasped happily, instantly cleaning up the squirming baby who did not like her bath not one bit.

Mephiles chuckled at the protesting sounds she made.

"She's adorable," Meph smiled as he looked over at the other egg just in time to see the pup tumble out of it and land on its back with a loud whine.