Chapter 16

After that, three days seemed to fly by for the two couples. It'd been nearly a week since Sonic laid their eggs, the same for Silver, so it was near the time for the parents to welcome their children into the world.

All four males were excited for the arrival of their little ones, the Submissives rarely left the nests, eagerly awaiting the arrival.

And then, one lazy evening as Sonic lay on his eggs to keep them warn--the uke dozing off for a nap--he jumped when something poked him.

Frowning in confusion, he looked around and thought it was Shadow but he was outside collecting fruit for a snack.

The Submissive yelped and quickly stood when he was poked again. Looking down, he gasped to see that the eggs were cracking. A few were moving and he could hear little squeaks and chirps from on the inside.

The sounds of his pups; it meant they were hatching!!

"Shadow!!" he said happily, catching Meph and Silver's attention, "Shadow, come quick!!"

There was a loud thud outside, quickly followed by a brief curse, right before the red streaked Dominant ran inside the cave, fearing the worst at his mate's cry.

"What? What is it? What's wrong?" he panted, a few leaves and twigs stuck in his quills from where he no doubt fell out of the fruit tree right outside.

"The eggs are hatching!!" he said in excitement.

Eyes widening in shock, Shadow darted over to his mate, "They are?!" He asked in equal excitement.

"Yes, look!!" Sonic said happily, the Submissive motioning down to the nest where the eggs moved, cracks forming and growing in most of them as little noises came from the babies within.

Shadow did as he was told and he gasped happily at the sight, the tip of his tail starting to wag.

Silver and Mephiles quickly joined them, eager to see their nieces and nephews.

Suddenly, one of the eggs toppled over from its movements, the top coming off as a solid midnight black pup tumbled out onto the nest floor, squeaking and chirping as he slowly began to sniff around for his Mommy, both of his cute, tiny little eyes still closed.

Sonic gasped, eyes instantly filling with tears of joy as he leaned down and nuzzled the squeaking and squirming pup, licking it clean which the little one didn't seem to like not one bit.

He squeaked louder as he returned the nuzzles as best he could, his tail wagging at the contact as he was able to form the unique familial bond with the one he could tell was his mother.

Sonic then removed the now empty eggshell from the nest and gently placed his pup back in the safety of the nest as they awaited the arrival of their siblings.

Silver and Mephiles aww'ed at the touching sight, Shadow coming over to say hello to his firstborn, giving the hatching loving licks and nuzzles as well--the parents so happy to finally have him--a little boy--here with them.

The second pup to arrive was an azure blue male.

He, rather amusingly, decided he was going to crawl all over his older brother once he too had tumbled out of the egg-- on his own little instinctual quest to find his mother-- much to his brother's dismay.

Shadow carefully picked up the baby off his whimpering older brother, Sonic nuzzling his eldest to calm him down before he started crying. Once he was calmed, then the new mother was able to greet his precious little mini-me.

That was when their third child decided to join them, squeaking and squirming as he pushed his way out the egg, the little pup being dark blue all over.