Chapter 2: Finding him

"Are you hungry?" He asked as he changed course. I followed him curiously until I found we were in a kitchen. He went to the fridge and my eyes widened when I saw him pulled out a piece of ham. I jumped up and snatched it from him in an instant. I quickly scoffed it down and he fed me more. I haven't had ham in so long. He closed the fridge and walked out of the kitchen. Of course I followed him. He went into the lounge room and collapsed on the couch. Before he could say anything I jumped up and draped myself around his shoulders, resting my head on my front paws.

"I've got my own self-heating scarf." Jack said with a chuckle. He switched on the TV and searched through the channels when I saw one my head shot up and I shot off towards the TV. Jack went past it and I looked back at him, silently asking for him to change it back. It went back to the station I wanted and I watched as the foxes on the TV played around in the grass. The show ended a few minutes later though. I walked back to Jack and curled up beside him.

"Hey Jack." I looked over when I heard a male voice. A guy walked into the lounge room and when he saw me staring at him and let out a yelp of surprise.

"Why is that in here?!" He said loudly, frightening me. I buried my head under my paws.

"A rogue chased her in. She's grown attached to me I think and she doesn't want to leave." Jack explained.

"It could have a disease or something." The other guy said.

"She doesn't. I had Emma check her over." Jack retorted.

"How do you think Derek will react to having a fox running around?" The guy asked.

"I don't know, Kyle. Maybe it'll be just like having a pet." Jack said.

"Ok good luck with that. I've come to get you for training." Kyle said and I felt Jack get up. I raised my head, jumped off the couch and followed him outside. He walked to the backyard and when we got there I saw around a two dozen people ranging from the ages 13 to 25.

"Pair up and start sparring. I'll be coming around and watching." Jack said, his beta voice coming out. I watched as people paired up and shifted into their wolves, making grow a little uneasy. I sat off to the side and watched as they fought while Jack walked around. I narrowed my eyes when I saw an older wolf bite savagely into a younger wolf's leg. I shot up from my spot and ran towards them. The wolf was bigger than I was obviously but that didn't stop me. I stood in-between the two wolves and growled at the older one who looked at me in surprise before growling back. My ears were pointing forward, showing that I was on the offensive. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jack running over. He knelt beside the injured wolf and checked his leg before ordering two other wolves to take him to Emma.

"What were you doing?" He demanded to the older wolf whose ears flattened against his head and had his head bowed.

"I don't care. Leave." He hissed and the wolf slunk away. Jack knelt down and scratched my ear.

"I don't know how you knew but I'm grateful that you did. Good girl." He said and I purred in delight. I walked back to my spot on the sidelines and continue watching as the training continued. They're really good, I'll give them that. By the time they were done the sun was starting to set and everyone was sweating profusely. I ran up to Jack and he picked me up, putting me back on his shoulders. I guess this is my new spot. My body bounced slightly as he walked back towards the pack house. Jack went up the stairs gently so I wouldn't bounce right off his shoulders. He walked into a room and placed me on a bed before walking into another room which I assume is the bathroom. I sniff the scent of the room and find that it's Jack's. I roll on to my back with my legs in the air and close my eyes. I had just drifted to sleep when I heard a laugh. I opened my eyes and looked at a shirtless Jack who was watching me in amusement.