Chapter 7: Welcome Luna

"We're going to have to explain everything to the pack." I told him.

"We could do that now." I suggested and he nodded.

"You can shift into your fox now if you're more comfortable that way." He said and I nodded before shifting. He helped me out of the shirt and set me across his shoulders. His eyes glazed over for a few seconds as he used his mind link. He walked out of the room and downstairs.

"Is everything okay? Why are we having an emergency pack meeting?" Jack asked when we saw him.

"I'll be explaining a few things and introducing the pack's new Luna." Derek said and Jack gasped with a huge smile on his face.

"Who is she?" He asked excitedly and Derek chuckled.

"Wait and see." Derek said before walking into the backyard. He walked on to the stage that was set up and looked over the pack. It's a lot bigger than I had thought. There is at least a thousand people.

"Blue Rock Pack!" Derek said loudly and it captured everyone's attention.

"This afternoon you have heard some very concerning noises from the pack house. Please be assured that that situation has been taken care of and will never happen again." He said and I heard everyone sigh in relief.

"Next topic, I recently found my mate." He said with a smile and the pack erupted into cheers.

Are you ready? He asked over the link.

As ready as I'll ever be. I replied.

"You have all seen the little fox that has been running around the pack for the last couple of days. I'd like you all to know that that fox is my mate." He said and confused whispers could be heard all around.

"I know most of you would be asking yourselves how this happened. How is the Alpha mated to an animal? There is a simple explanation." He said. I jumped off his shoulders and quickly ran off the stage. I ran to his room and grabbed a shirt off the floor. I ran back on to the stage with it in my jaws. Derek bent down and helped my little body into the shirt. How weird must that look? A fox in a shirt? I closed my eyes and concentrated on the shift. The pack gasped as I turned human. I opened my eyes again to see everyone staring at me with slack jaws, especially Jack.

"Everyone, meet Melody, my mate and your Luna." The pack was silent before erupting into cheers and whistles, frightening me a little. I quickly shifted back into my fox and Derek picked me up like you would a baby.

"I would just like to explain something really quick. Melody has been in her fox form so long that she finds it more comfortable to be in it rather than her human form. So don't be surprised or alarmed if you see Melody in her fox form most of the time. I'd now like to initiate her in as Luna." Derek said. He called Jack over and handed me to him. Derek stood in front of me with his hand held out towards me like he wanted a high-five.

Put your paw on my hand. He said. I placed my paw in the middle of his palm.

"Do you, Melody, accept the role of the Blue Rock Pack's Luna and promise to protect it and help it thrive through the times?" He asked.

I do. I said over the link.

"Then I, Alpha Derek Morrison, welcome you, Melody, as this pack's Luna." He said and I felt mind links form with everyone in the pack.

Welcome Luna. I flinched in surprise when I heard a thousand voices in my head at once. The next week passed smoothly. The pack was very welcoming of me and Jack had finally come to grips that I was a shifter. Right now I was sitting on Derek's shoulders as he watched over the fighters as they trained.

They're really good. I said to him and he nodded in agreement. My head shot up when I heard a familiar sound.

"Mel? Are you ok?" Derek asked and I wrapped my tail around his mouth to keep him from talking.

Rogues. Hundreds of them. I said to him quickly.

Get all women, children and elderly to the bunker! Anyone who can fight get ready to do so! I shouted to the pack and everyone burst into action. The rogues came out of the forest in their wolf forms and the people that were fighting came out and stood with us, ready to defend the pack. I could see that it was mostly men but there were still a few women standing there with determined looks on their faces. I got off Derek's shoulders and stood next to him, ready to fight. No one attacks my pack and gets away with it. A few of the rogues at the front shifted back into their human forms.

"Hello Alpha Derek." One of them said and I growled at them. Their eyes turned to me and they began to laugh.

"Would you look at that? The Alpha as a little guard rat." He said and I felt a shudder go through my body. I held back the shift.

"Why are you here rogues?" Derek asked in a loud voice.

"We've been hired to kill packs and take mates." The one that spoke before said with a smirk.

"Tell me, Derek. Where's your mate? We know you have one." He taunted and Derek growled. He unconsciously stepped in front of me to protect me. The rogue's eyes widened.

"The fox? You can't be serious." He said and Derek growled again.

"Whatever let's just do this." The rogues shifted back and growled. My pack also shifted. Derek raised his head and let out a long howl, signalling the start of the battle. In an instant wolves were fighting all around me. I ran along the ground, dodging paws and falling bodies. My sensitive ears were filled with snarling and barks of rage. I let out a yelp of surprise when I felt someone pick me up by the scruff of my neck. I was turned around and I came face to face with the rogue that called me a rat.

"Gotcha." He said with a grin. I closed my eyes and I shifted into my spirit fox willingly for the first time. I grew larger and larger until I towered over the rogue. I let out a low growl which shook the earth. The rogue gulped and I leapt towards him, catching his head in my jaws and ripping it clean off his shoulders. I looked over when I heard a familiar whine. My heart raced when I saw Derek's wolf being pinned by a large rogue. I ran towards them, the other wolves clearing a path for me. The looks on their faces was pure terror. As I got closer to Derek I snarled and the rogue looked at me, looking horrified. When I reached him I tackled him off my mate and pinned him underneath me. Saliva was dripping from my bared fangs onto his fur as he trembled. I took his throat in my teeth and ripped it out. Blood spluttered over my fur as he died. I walked back to Derek and gently nudged his side.

Melody? He asked over the link.

Hey. Are you okay? Are you hurt? I asked him and his eyes widened.

That's you? He asked and I nodded my head. I heard a rogue sneaking behind me. I spun around and quickly killed him. I looked back at the pack to notice that we were winning. Good. I looked back towards the forest and saw that some rogues were running away. I ran after them. They wanted to cause havoc in my pack, they get to stay and die for it. I chased after them. They looked behind them and nearly tripped when they saw me.All of a sudden they split up, going in all different directions. I turned in my spot and looked for them. I felt something prick my thigh. I turned and looked to see that it was a dart filled with a green liquid. My eyes widened when I recognised it. Lichen. I began to stumble on my feet and soon I crashed to the ground, completely unconscious.

A/N

So I may have miscalculated slightly. There is one chapter left maybe two if I divide it in half (about 850 words each). So would you like a long final chapter or two short ones? 

There MAY be an epilogue. I haven't actually thought about it so if you'd like one just let me know. 

I hope you liked this chapter!

~LaDaDeeDum