Chapter 6: Which One?

She stood in front of me, glaring at me with her blood red eyes. I realised that I'm now standing upright. I looked around to see that we were surrounded by total darkness. This is in my head. It has to be.

This may be in your head but once I kill you I'll take over your body forever. Her voice resinated through the air. I felt my anger grow. She's made my life miserable, constantly whispering things to me, making me doubt myself, hate myself.

Bring it, bitch. I told her before running at her. Her eyes blazed with fury as she ran right towards me. I pulled my arm back and punched her across the face. Her head whipped to the side. She turned back and growled at me. She threw herself at me and we fell to the floor. She pinned me down, let out her claws and raked them down my cheeks, neck and chest, creating deep cuts. I screamed in agony. I gathered my strength and pushed her off me.

What's happening to her?! I heard Derek's voice.

She's fighting the spirit. Justin. He came.

I'm going to kill everyone you love. Starting with the precious mate of yours. She taunted and I saw red. She wasn't prepared for me when I threw myself at her. I growled viciously as I tore at her skin, shredding it like paper while she screamed. I grabbed her neck in my bloody hands and held tightly while she panted.

Give me your fox. Hand it over to me. I seethed, rage burning brightly in my amber eyes. A look of fear took over her face.

I give you my fox. I accept my place in the spirit realm and leave this soul in peace. She declared and she dissolved in my hands. I'd won. I actually did it. I let out a blood-curdling scream as I felt a bone snap in my leg.

What's happening now?! Derek's frantic voice asked.

Either she won and she's shifting into spirit's fox form or she lost and the spirit is taking over. If she lost then Melody is dead and that thing has full and permanent control of her body. Justin explained. I'm coming Derek. Just wait for me. I continued to scream for what felt like hours.

Everybody out of the room. Whatever happens you don't want to be here for it. Justin said and I heard people walking quickly.

Come on, Derek. I heard Justin dragging a very resistant Derek out of the room. I sat bolt upright and let out a roar that shook the entire pack house. All at once the transformation was finished and I laid sprawled on the bed. My back end was hanging off the edge.

"How do we know who won?" Derek asked, his voice muffled by the door.

"We don't." Justin replied. I slid off the bed and tried to stand but I ended up falling over, crashing into the wall and leaving a large indent. All 9 of my tails were completely still. That's never a good sign. The poison was still in my body. I dragged my huge body to the bathroom. I could only fit my front half through the door but that is all I needed. I put my head over the bath and emptied my stomach. It tasted horrible as you'd imagine.

"What's going on?" Derek inquired.

"I think she's throwing up." Justin told him, I can just imagine the grimace on his face. This took several minutes. When I was finally finished I laid on the ground and gathered my strength. I felt my tails come to life and I felt happy. I backed out of the bathroom and stood up next to the bed. I think I'm okay. I shifted into my human form and grabbed a shirt from the drawer. I walked over to the door and held on to the handle nervously. I pulled the door open with my head bowed. I could see everyone's feet.

"Which one are you?" Justin asked. I lifted my head and looked Derek in the eye. He leapt forward and hugged me tight when he saw that they were amber. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist in an effort to get closer to him. His shoulder grew wet with my tears as they fell down my cheeks.

"I-I love you." I stuttered quietly and I heard his heart rate increase.

"I love you too." He said before planting his lips on mine. I kissed him with a passion it didn't know I had in me. I pulled away and looked over his shoulder. I untangled myself from him and went over to his mother and pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry for everything she said." I said and I felt her own arms wrap around me.

"It's ok. I can't imagine what living with her was like." She said to me. I pulled back and sniffed as I sent her a smile.

"Have you got full control over her form?" I looked towards Justin who was smiling. I went up to him and hugged him next.

"I do. Thank you." I said and he chuckled.

"I didn't do anything. It was all you." He said and I pulled away with furrowed eyebrows.

"All me?" I asked and he nodded.

"All you." He confirmed. I hugged him once more before returning back to Derek.

"We'll leave you guys alone." His mother said before ushering everyone out closing the door.

"It was terrifying." I looked at Derek in confusion.

"As soon as you passed out I went into a panic. I thought I was going to lose you. Then you started to growl and your claws came out. Then these huge cuts appeared on your skin from your cheeks to your chest and I had no clue what was happening. When Justin dragged me out of the room I just wanted to be with you. I was so close to losing you when I had only just found you." A tear rolled down his cheek and I wiped it away with my thumb.

"But you didn't lose me. I'm still here." I said gently as I cupped his cheek with my hand. He leant into it and sighed.

"I know." 

A/N

If I had to guess, I'd say there are 3 or 4 chapters left. As I said before, it's not a long story. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the new chapter! Sorry for not updating in ages.

~ LaDaDeeDum