Chapter 4: Mine

The next time I woke up I smelt bacon. I quickly ran to the door and tried to open it but I couldn't. I ran back to the bed, put my front paws on Derek's shoulder and began to bark loudly. Wake up you big oaf. Finally he began to stir.

"Melody? What's going on?" He asked and I looked towards the door.

"Why didn't you just shift to open the door? I was asleep anyway." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him. You know why.

"Sorry. I'll get it." He got out of bed and opened the door. I shot through it and ran to the kitchen, jumping up on the counter and letting out a bark.

"Hello Melody." One of the women cooed as she scratched my ear. She held a piece of bacon and I quickly ate it. God this is amazing. I ate several pieces before I heard Derek calling me. I followed his scent back to the office. I poked my head through the door to see Derek sitting behind the desk.

"Hey. I need to go to the neighbouring pack to talk about our peace treaty and I'd like you to come with me." He said and I let out a happy howl.

"So you'd like to come?" He asked with a chuckle and I nodded my head.

"We'll be leaving in 10 minutes. I'll come get you." He told me. I spun around and followed Jack's scent back to his room. I nudged the door open and ran in. I jumped onto the bed and continued to jump on Jack.

"Melody! Hey girl." He said as he sat up and scratched my ear. I bit into his pyjama shirt and tried to drag him out of bed, making him chuckle.

"Ok, ok. I'll play, let's go." He got out of bed and we ran downstairs. I saw him grab something but I didn't pay much attention to it. As soon as we got to the lounge room a little red dot appeared on the floor and I was mesmerised. It moved and my head followed it. I tried to catch it but I missed. I'm not sure how long I chased the blasted dot but Derek came down and laughed when he saw me.

"Come on, Melody." He chuckled. I discarded the dot and followed Derek out the door. We walked to the edge of the border and he began to strip down. He shifted into his wolf and the morning sun made him look magnificent. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up if I ran alongside him so I jumped on to his back and held on to his pelt with my claws. He made a sound like he was laughing before easing into a sprint. I pressed my body against his so I wouldn't be thrown off. Eventually we arrived at a different pack's borders. All of a sudden we were surrounded by people.

"Alpha Derek. Alpha Jeremy is expecting you." One of them said. As Derek walked past them they looked at me in confusion but they didn't say anything about it. Someone brought Derek shorts and I slipped off his back. He shifted back, put the shorts on and knelt down so I could get on his shoulders which I did. He stood back up and walked towards what I think is the pack house. I rested my head on my paws and looked behind us to see the wolves from before following us, not that I had a problem with that. Derek pushes the door open and we walk inside.

"Derek!" I look towards the huge staircase to see a guy about Derek's age standing at the top.

"Hey Jeremy. You ready?" Derek asked and the guy nodded. Derek walked towards him then they both walked to a set of doors that look similar to the ones at Derek's house. We walked inside and he sat in the chair in front of the while Jeremy sat behind it. I hopped off Derek's shoulders and sat on the edge of the desk, giving Jeremy a fright.

"I was wondering why you were wearing fur." Jeremey said with a laugh which Derek joined in with.

"This is Melody. She's accompanying me today." Derek said as he scratched behind my ear.

"She's beautiful." Jeremy complimented and they began the meeting. I alternated between Derek's lap, the desk and the floor until I got bored. I nudged the door open and walked out of the room. I trotted to the lounge room I saw earlier and laid down in a patch of sun, quickly falling asleep.