Part 15

For three days after the meeting Josiph had called things were hectic. Josiph ordered for groups of five to go on patrol where the scent of Lucuan had been found. He didn't want anyone less than five in case attacked, but didn't want more than five so that the rest of the territory could be protected as well. Steve went on every patrol to make sure that everything was going correctly, and to make sure that Lucian's scent wasn't around. Lucas was stuck staying behind to keep an eye on Kiana even though he too wanted to go on the patrols. However, he kept being told that it was too dangerous. To be exact only one person actually told him it was dangerous and that person was Josiph. He didn't want anything to happen to Lucas so he kept him close by, and because Josiph was the alpha everyone began to agree with him.

On the third day of patrolling people in the back began to stop watching around the area's. There had been no recent scents of Lucian and everyone just began to give up. There was also the fact that most of the werewolves during this time were more interested in the full moon coming than in Lucian coming to the pack.

Josiph explained that during the full moon each of the newer generations of werewolves would line up like they have always done for years, but the only difference was that this time they would take their first transformation with the pack and then after that they would be allowed to transform in the gym.. After this transformation they would be allowed to run freely with the pack for over fours hours before going back home. From then on they were fully considered apart of the pack. Josiph also explain that the tradition had been going on for years and would last from about seven at night until around three in the morning.

"How many children will join in the full moon festivities this month?" Lucas asked Derek early in the morning.

"There will be seven this full moon that will be in line for the full moon this month. This includes fourteen year old Hunter who were still hoping might transform if he sees other wolves doing so."

"And if he doesn't?"

"If he does not transform than a lot of people in the pack will be disappointed this month. His parents would be one of those since they have been hoping and slowly giving up on him at the same time." Derek replied. "The doctors who have been working with him also will be disappointed and so will a couple of friends who have already had their transformation at the age of thirteen. However, there are those who believe that he may never have his first transformation."

"Who would those be?" Kiana asked him. She was walking up behind him when she had heard the conversation, and instantly listened.

Derek turned to her before speaking, "The older teenagers who will be graduating from school this year. Some say there is no hope for Hunter, and those students are also the ones who keep asking about what Josiph will do to Hunter if he never has his first transformation."

"And what is Josiph planning on doing?" Kiana asked.

"He isn't planning on doing anything. To be honest Josiph will keep trying everything to get him to transform." Derek said. "Josiph isn't the type to just give up on a member, and he won't give up on Hunter either." Derek finished and when Kiana was satisfied with the answer she received she walked away to help a few members with setting up.

The day went on with everyone helping set up for the festivities when Lucas met up with Derek for the second time that day. The group was helping with boxes to set out and food that needed to be cooked, "How does the full moon festivities work around here exactly?" Lucas asked Derek.

"Like every full moon there will be three separate races. There will be one race for the newly transformed werewolves. This race gives them a chance to run in the actual forest longer in their wolf form rather than having to wait until they go to the gym. It is different out here than it is in there." Derek said, "Plus everyone still enjoys watching as the group staggers in their steps like they had too much to drink. They still haven't fully worked out their movements so it's still off." He laughed at the images that came to his mind from the younger groups. "The second race is for the older werewolves in the school. They too don't exactly get a prize and instead gain a little bit of bragging rights for winning during the full moon. Actually all of the races are for fun, so we expect everyone to have good sportsmanship."