Part 22

"What kind of sick game is he playing!?" Lucas screamed in frustration. He was pacing back and forth in the middle of the Alpha's house living room since Josiph had insisted that the three of them move in there until all the damage done on the porch was repaired. He also wanted to make sure that Lucian wouldn't return any time soon. The words though would forever be in any of their heads.

Kiana and Steve got their own rooms downstairs as guests and were currently unpacking, but had left Lucas upstairs with Josiph. This was because Derek insisted that it would bring the two closer together. He would also say that there wasn't enough room anywhere else. However, if Josiph had said anything against it then Lucas would be sleeping on the couch.

"He is claiming what he wants." Josiph said softly from the couch in his room only a few feet away. He seemed to almost act as if nothing was wrong and that only pissed Lucas off more. Red seemed to flare in his eyes briefly, but disappeared when Josiph spoke again, "In this case that would be Kiana, and this pack."

"Well she will never be his even if it is the last thing I have to do." Lucas yelled turning his anger on Josiph.

Josiph said nothing for a several seconds watching as Lucas breathed heavily. "She won't be his. You have to realize that. Lucian only wants a reaction from whoever he can get, and right now you are giving him that reaction."

"But he is laying claim on my sister!"

Josiph stood up from the couch and walked over to Lucas before speaking, "And he will keep trying to lay claim on her until he is stopped. You can't keep feeding him with your anger because that will only make him feel more powerful. It is what he wants."

"What would you do if he was laying a claim on someone in your family? What if he kept trying to get to them?" Lucas then asked turning the tables on him.

"Have you forgotten this is my pack. He is not only putting your sister in danger, but he is also putting my pack in danger. My family. On top of that I would kick him to the curb." Josiph laughed before his seriousness kicked in again and he went on, "but that is not what I'm trying to say. Lucian will keep laying claim on Kiana because he knows how much it bothers you. He knows that if he can anger you enough you will fight back, and when push comes to shove you will lose because you won't be thinking correctly."

"Then what am I supposed to do?"

"You wait just as the rest of us wait." Josiph instructed. His hand went up as if telling Lucas no when he tried to speak. "He will realize that you're ignoring his actions and in return will try something else. Lucian will probably claim an Alpha fight. If luck is on our side he won't bother you or your sister again."

"And if luck is not on our side?"

Josiph said nothing for a few minutes and instead just kept breathing calmly, and when he did finally speak his words showed no feeling, "If that is the case then I would advise you to run. Just don't run too soon if it does come to that, and promise me to take everyone you can. Take my parents, and Derek and as many pack members you possibly can when you do leave." He stopped to look Lucas directly in the eyes. "Treat them as you would your own family. Protect them with your life. Love them with your heart, and never leave them behind."

Lucas stared at Josiph, "I can't keep that promise, Josiph." He answered truthfully.

"Then think of it as an order."

"Even if it was an order I will not leave you behind. I can't even think about that happening." Lucas replied. "And before you start screaming at me about how I should listen to my alpha, let me explain. If there is a battle it will not come to the point where I will have to run away with my family along with everyone else in the pack. It will end here, and now. This battle with Lucian should have ended years ago, but now the battle will end here. I won't leave you to fight our battles alone, and I won't leave you for dead." Lucas finished. "You are my mate, and that's final."

"You do know that you can't actually get involved when it comes down to an alpha battle right?" Josiph asked. "It has been in the rules of all packs for generations, and it will be there for more generations to come. Any member who gets involved in the fight will be killed instantly. There are no exceptions."

"I know this, but I never did say I would get involved in the battle, "Lucas replied before whispering, "at least not physically involved if it comes to that."

"What do you mean?" Josiph asked. He looked completely confused when he asked the question.

Lucas ignored it and went on speaking, "There's on thing I would like to do. I mean if things do go sour in this battle that is. If it is alright with you?" Lucas took a step closer to Josiph and closed the distance between them.

"That depends on what it is." Josiph replied. His warm breath brushed gently across Lucas's skin cause his hair to rise. "

"Well.." Lucas started only to stop barely into the sentence. "I mean... As much as i have faith in you, I just want to make sure you will try your best in the battle with Lucian when it does come."

He frowned. "What makes you think that I won't try my best?"

"Well if you have something to live for.. I was thinking--" Lucas stopped looking into his eyes, "that you will have a reason to stay."

"And that reason would be?" Josiph smiled. It was as if he knew what was going on at that moment. "Would it have something to do with what happened before?"

Lucas grinned, "That would be me." Lucas said before completely closing the space between them. His lips moved closer and closer towards Josiph's before finally touching. It only took a second at that moment before Josiph joined in on the kiss, and the two were locked as one for the entire time.