Part 31

Even after everyone separated from the center of the field Lucian's cocky face could still be seen. His wolves even seemed to boy as he walked away from the group and they followed behind him soon after. It was like they were trying to say he was some sort of king and like he was higher up than everyone else. Like he was saying they were not better than the dirt he walked on. Someone really needed to rip this man's head off for that because no one should be treated like they were no one important. Luca's thoughts went flying as he showed that he wanted to let everyone know that Lucian was just an overly ego-sized wolf with more fears than an average pup, but the only way to do that was to defeat him. He wanted to get in the battle he admitted in his waves, and to allow everyone to see that no one should be afraid of the man but instead of being able to do anything he was dragged across the field in the opposite direction by Josiph who whispered orders as if expecting them to be heard.

"Damn it Lucas, "Josiph said when they were finally stopped in front of a group of werewolves from his pack. "Do I need to have someone drag you back to the house while this battle takes place?"

"No." Lucas replied sternly.

"Then get your head straight." Josiph said. "If I hear an ounce of your thoughts during this fight then I am having someone drag you out of here. I will not have it Lucas. I can hear everything and that can be distracting, and there are lives at stake here."

"I get it." Lucas answered clenching his fists.

"Do you now?" He narrowed his eyes. "Because if I have to have them drag you out i will. If you can't keep things under control about your thoughts I swear--" he stopped pinching the bridge of his nose and pulling Lucas through the crowd behind them. "You can't get involved in this battle Lucas, don't you understand?" Lucas nodded in understand. "Then stop it. I don't give a damn about how this battle turns out. All I care about is if you're still here after this battle. Think of Tyler."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Then stop thinking about how you are going to rip his head off. That only tells me that you can't be here for the battle because you will get involved. If that is the case I will get someone to force you back home."

Lucas sighed running a hand through his hair as he spoke, "I won't get involved."

"You better not. I will have them--" he was saying just as his voice began to disappear into nothingness. Kiana's voice on the other hand grew louder and louder until she joined in on the conversation too. Lucas ignored Josiph for the time being as Kiana's voice rang in his head.

"He's going to die,"Kiana said softly. Sadly. Her face was turned down as she said the words almost too afraid to look up.

"Then be ready Kiana," Lucas replied back. "If we have to, we'll get involved. Even if Josiph says otherwise."

"Do you think it is safe?" she then asked.

Lucas sighed, not even sure. "If this battle goes south as you believe it to be, then it will be the safest moment we'll have. Josiph will be against it, and we'll probably end up hearing it after the battle, but it's the only way to protect him if things goes badly."

"And the only," she agreed looking up to me just as she disappeared into thin air and Josiph came back into view again talking as if nothing had happened in the first place.

"-can't have anything happen to you," Josiph finished saying.

"Nothing will happen."

Before Josiph could say anything Derek's voice came from the crowd. "Josiph?" he called, "it's almost time."

"Thank you," Josiph said facing Derek. "Guess we better get going then."

"I guess so," Lucas whispered softly. "Everything will be okay." He gave Josiph a hug as he whispered the last words.