Part 17

Lucas turned around soon after closing the door on Josiph's face expecting only one person to be in the room. "Kiana," He said in as calm as a voice as he could muster up. Kiana was walking around the room as if nothing was wrong. The problem was, there was something wrong with this. Kiana's wolf was no longer the red-brown wolf that Josiph had seen when showing then around the territory, and instead her wolf was now a bright white color which glowed as she passed each window. It was the very wolf that Josiph had knowingly seen only minutes before.

Kiana turned to Lucas at the sound of her name he wolf eyes sparkling like crystals as the moon glowed on them. She seemed confused as to what the problem was and she attempted to ignore Lucas completely.

In the next room Steve could be seen sitting on the couch. His head turned in Kiana's direction paying complete attention to the conversation taking place in front of him.

"Do you not know how to listen?" Lucas asked in frustration. Still in her wolf form Kiana said nothing, "I asked you to please stay in the living room and away from prying eyes while you are in your wolf phase." His voice rose gradually as his anger grew. "Josiph was at the door, and I know he seen you before I had the chance to block him." Kiana whimpered but Lucas kept talking as he began pacing the room. "He now knows that we have been keeping something from him because of this, and I doubt he will let it go."

Kiana stared for several minutes as her eyes glowed with her understanding and before Lucas knew it she was back in her human form again walking directly to him. "Sorry, but you know that I can't be cooped up in this house during the night of the full moon. I need to be able to run during the phase." She said her voice rising as she became angry. "You of all people should know that the moon calls to me during this phase, and I can't just ignore it. Besides, I'm one of the few left of our kind Lucas if there is any others. There is no history of the Moon Goddess species because everyone believes they are extinct."

"There is no history of the Moon Goddess because that is what the elders wanted after the end of the major war that almost wiped out the species centuries ago. Alpha's of many packs went on a killing spree against them in fear that they would lose their own packs one day if any survived. The very few who did survive from that pack, like grandmother went into hiding for years." Lucas replied.

"And now none of the alphas fear us anymore." Kiana said in a whisper.

"And the only reason they do not head you is because they want to control you so that they have strong alpha born children for their own pack. They also just want a perfect medic in the pack, and honestly could care less about who you are as a person." Lucas answered red flaring his his eyes as he spoke. "That is not how you live Kiana, and you know it. Grandma didn't even want to live like that, and that is why she went into hiding for so long with her mate before showing up. Grandpa cared for her though, and then came mom and the new generation of Moon Goddess and protectors."

"No one wants to live by a forced mating, Lucas." she spoke softly. "But that's not what I was trying to say either."

"Then what are you trying to say?"

"Not many people know that a Moon Goddess exists. Josiph is probably on that list of people, and he will probably never find anything about it because it was all wiped out. Actually no one in the pack probably knows what they are, and none of them will until you decide to tell Josiph and he tells the pack."

"Yes well I won't be telling him until I know that we can trust him." Lucas said after several minutes. "He might be my mate, but that does not mean he won't try something to you."

"We won't know if anyone will try anything Lucas." Steve spoke up for the first time. He stood up from his chair in the living room and walked up beside Kiana. "Look at Lucian for example. Your father and the whole pack would have never guessed that he would have tried something like that. You have to learn to trust people, and this includes your mate otherwise he might not trust you himself."

"Right now the less he knows the safer we will be."

"You better make it quick then and tell him Lucas." Kiana crossed her arms. "I can't and won't stay locked up in this house during the full moon because you are too afraid someone will notice who we are. Even you can't stay locked up in this house all the time. I know the moon calls to you just as much as it calls to me."

"And that is why we were going to run tonight after the festivities."

"But that isn't good enough. I want to run with other pack members. I want to see the new werewolves change." Kiana complained her arms moving with her frustration.

"That is the best that I can do."

"We need to get out and under the moon."

"I don't have to. I can control it." Lucas replied smugly.

Kiana laughed, "you won't be able to control it forever, Lucas. Not if you plan to mate with Josiph." She stopped to calm her voice before speaking again, "You better tell him Lucas, or I will," and with that she went back into the living room.

"She does have a point, Lucas." Steve said agreeing with her. "If you do plan on being mates with the man than you sure as hell better tell him."

Lucas shook his head. "I will tell him."

"When?"

"When the time is right. I just don't know much about him." Lucas replied.

Steve shook his head in disappointment, "Do you think he knows much about you? You have been hiding something important from him. Something he needs to know about. You have a gift Lucas. It's not just Kiana. You are a protector. A wolf who not only is able to protect the pack, but also a wolf that can heal. An alpha, and a wolf who can create far better alpha males. You are a Moon goddess protector who is able to bring the species back to life if you just said something."

"The only one who can have children is Kiana." Lucas replied.

"Yes she can have blood relation children, but with your blood you are able to pass on the gene to someone else and keep the line going." Steve replied. "You can pass the gene to a child, your child, then that child will pass it on too."

"I'm not having a ny children." Lucas replied.

"How do you know you will never have children? There is more than just one way to be a father." Steve replied.

Lucas sighed before changing the subject, "We have work to do. We need to go find out where Natalie is hiding."

Steve sighed before walking into the living room to retrieve Kiana.