Cutting the Connection

Twister POV

The two were slowly waking up in their 'cells'. They looked around confused as to why they were chained to a wall.

"Nova, you okay?" Spider-Man asked

"Other than the threat of death looming over my head, a few bruises" I glared at Shadow, he just shrugged.

"What do you mean death threat, never mind where do you think we are"

"Dude, they just came here from another dimension and somehow built a cell without doors or windows or . . ."

Spider-Man cut Nova off.

"Or air vents"

'shoot' I mentally scolded myself for not having thought of that.

"Nightmare the illusion is going to fade soon we are going to need to fake Iron-Fist's imprisonment and 'accidentally' give away some info"

Iron Fist walked to the wall and Nightmare put an illusion on him to make it look like he was chained and bruised.

"Nightmare let some our words leak through, okay so we're going to have to spring Seer and Flare before we head to the mystic centre of the world we can make a stand their. And we'll bring Iron Fist along, move out."

Since the illusion was fading was pretended to undo Iron Fist's 'chains'. Then we left the main room of the station to make it look like we left. Soon the illusion faded and Spider-Man and Nova hopped off the platform most likely to warn their boss.

"Let's go" Shadow said racing after them.

Thankfully we only encountered one train and nobody got hurt. We almost lost them at one point but soon we were at the docks. Nova and Spider-Man had taken some secret entrance so we were lost. Then all of a sudden it hit me an excruciating pain in my skull. My knees gave way and I hit the dock hard but I didn't care all I wanted was for the pain to stop.

"Cut . . . The . . . Connection" Nightmare whispered his voice laced with pain.

The idea made everything, even the pain, fade away for a second. To cut one's connection with the mana was to block off most off your powers. The only way to unlock it again was to have a mana rush. So it was virtually impossible in our world, but maybe at the centre of this one's we were planning to go their anyway.

Iron Fist was looking at us in concern and I made my decision. Like almost snipping a string I cut my connection. Instantly the pain faded to a dull ache and I sat up. The world seemed different somehow like something was missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Nightmare soon stopped writhing as well and finally Shadow did.

"What was that?" Iron Fist questioned

"Something that messed with the mana is in there and I causes anyone near it who has access to the mana to feel excruciating pain"

"So what did you do?"

"We did something called cutting the connection, it stops us from having our full ability to tap into mana." Then I realized what was missing, it was the feeling of power. It was the thing that allowed me to control air. Now though when I searched for it I only found a small fraction.

It was then a massive floating building came out of the water.

"That would be the heli-carrier" Iron Fist commented.