Scene#5

Austin's pov

I drive to Courtney's house, preparing myself for the worst. I'm finally breaking up with her. I don't feel as bad as I should. You know about the whole thing where I fell in love with another girl when I had a girlfriend who I said I loved.

I know the record company is going to kill me for this, but for all I care, they could take away my music for forever. If I had to choose between Ally and music I would choose Ally. And I've never even seen her in person before. That's how much I care for her.

I pull up to Courtney's house and get out, walking to her door. Knocking a couple times on the door, I rock back and forth on my heels, trying to calm my nerves. I have no clue how she's going to react and that's terrifies me half to death.

She opens the door and I find myself avoiding her eyes, suddenly very interested in the orangy color of her hair.

"Can I come in?" I ask, stuffing my hands in the pockets of my jacket. Courtney nods, stepping aside for me to walk in. We sit on the sofa.

"You had to know this was coming" I blurt out after several minutes of silence. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What?" She asks. I sigh, actually looking her in the eye.

"I'm breaking up with you" I say, fidgeting with the hairs on the back of my neck.

"I know" she says with a sad smile. I'm completely caught off guard by her reaction.

"What" I ask. She laughs.

"Austin, we haven't talked for six weeks. I knew it was coming. Just one question. Does Jimmy know?" She asks, referring to the head of my label-the guy who assigned Courtney as my girlfriend in the first place. I shake my head.

"No. This was entirely my choice, and I'm glad you took it so well because Jimmy probably won't" I say, resisting the urge to gulp. Courtney raises an eyebrow.

"Well then why-"

"I met someone ok?!" I say, scratching the back of my neck.  We sit in silence for a few seconds.

"You....you love someone else?" She asks, looking and sounding hurt. Great, just what I need. More guilt.

"I never meant to hurt you.......I-I just. I was in too deep by the time I remembered you were my girlfriend to dig myself out" I say, guiltily. A single tear rolls down her cheek as she smiles.

"I'm happy for you Austin. Go get your girl" she says. I give an awkward smile and an even more awkward hug before leaving, preparing myself for a video chat with Ally.

Word count: 457