Videochat#1

Austin's pov

I take a deep breath before pressing the Skype button on my laptop. I had not so discretely asked Ally for her Skype username a couple minutes ago, wanting to surprise her but finding no way to. I crack my knuckles nervously as I wait for her to answer. Before I have the time to physically and mentally prepare myself for this, her face pops up on the screen, causing my jaw to drop open. I shake my head and smile at her.

"Hey Alls. Surprise!!" I say, causing Ally to laugh.

"Yeah, it's such a surprise because I didn't catch on when you texted me asking me for my Skype username" she says with a roll of her eyes. I laugh.

"Yeah, well I didn't have much of a choice if I wanted to video chat you" I say, observing everything about her and her room.

"Why are you looking at me?" She asks, noticing my staring. I smile, feeling my cheeks redden.

"No reason, but, you know, I haven't exactly seen you in magazines and online before like you've seen me" I say, thanking God that I didn't stutter. Ally giggles at my red face.

"Austin, you realize that, up until about a month ago, I didn't exactly enjoy seeing pictures of you in a magazine" she says, causing me to smirk.

"Oh, so you enjoy seeing me in magazines?" I say, cockily. Ally rolls her eyes, looking as if she would slap my shoulder playfully if I were actually here with her.

"Hey, it makes me happy to see you now because you're my friend and I know things about you that not many people know" she says, her face turning such a light shade of pink that I wouldn't have seen it if I weren't looking for it, but I was. I smile both because of her answer and because of her blush. I suddenly gulped, remembering the reason I even Skyped her in the first place. She furrows her eyebrows.

"Hey, what's with the sudden change in mood?" She asks, confusedly. I bite my lip, not wanting to just blurt it out but, at the same time, not knowing how to ease into it.

"Well, here's the thing. I Skyped you for a reason." I say. She nods as if to say 'go on'. I take a deep breath "Wellit'sbecauseIreallylikeyouandIbrokeupwithmygirlfriendtodayforyouandIwaswonderingifyouwouldtakeherplaceasmygirlfriendcauseIreallyreallylikeyou" I say quickly, accidentally repeating what I said in the beginning at the end.

Ally looks as confused as ever "What?"

I sigh "Look, Alls" I say holding up my phone on my text messages with Courtney. "This is the last time I talked to my girlfriend. Almost six weeks ago. You know what almost six weeks ago was? That was when I accidentally texted you. When I started talking to you. I broke up with her today, and you wanna know why? Because I like you. I like you so much that I'm still trying to figure out whether I love you or not. So I broke up with Courtney to ask you if you would like to take her place as my girlfriend. Because I couldn't think of anyone better to do that than you" I say, a sad smile on my face. Ally looks dumbstruck. It seems like an eternity before she actually talks.

"I need to think" she says. And then she ends our Skype.

Word count:566