𝐱𝐯. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, AND IT HURTS

˖*°࿐chapter fifteen

˖chapter fifteen.
xv. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, AND IT HURTS

———

"Klaus, can you give us a minute?" Janelle said to him, not even bothering to look at him. Klaus was hesitant but obliged.

When he was out of sight, she turned to the person mouthing, "Come with me."

Janelle wasn't stupid. She knew that even if Klaus did leave them alone to talk, he'd still listen in on the conversation.

They went up to her bedroom that he kept it magically sealed, so not only could no one get in, but they couldn't hear anything either.

Too many thoughts ran through Janelle's mind. This was not the answer she expected. She didn't know whether to be relieved or betrayed by this person.

She took a minute to compose herself before finally asking, "Why?"

"Because you asked me to," he answered.

"Why?" Janelle repeated. "Why did I go to you?"

"You confided in me, trusted me. You didn't want Klaus finding out about Kai, so you asked me to erase him from your mind, your life."

"Wait, what?" she asked, having trouble understanding. "That's ridiculous. Being with someone else before Klaus isn't necessarily a secret."

"You'd think otherwise if you knew the truth."

╔═                                            

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

                                             ═╝

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓

"Janelle?" The young vampire quickly wiped her tear stained cheeks after being startled from her spot on the balcony just outside her hotel room. "Is everything all right?"

"Yes," she sniffled. "It's just been a long day. Don't worry about it, Elijah. I'm fine."

"I wasn't born yesterday, Janelle. I can tell when a woman is upset," Elijah spoke in a soft voice as he fully stepped into the room. "Would you like to talk about it?" he asked.

"No," she replied. Janelle finally gained the courage to turn around, her face revealing that she was much more than upset. "Yes," she trailed off, not knowing what to say. "I don't know. It's complicated."

Elijah walked over to her. "Whatever it is, you can tell me. I'm not here to judge." He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You can trust me."