five / slytherin vs gryffindor

Allison Mayhem

"We have to focus!" Harry shouted over to us over the loud cheers of the crowd. We were falling behind. Slytherin was 10 points ahead, which worried me because even just allowing them to get any points ahead of us, was worrisome. Slytherin and Gryffindor held a pretty good track record of cutting it close with these matches, and I wasn't going to let them take the win now.

As I stood near the edge of the field, I glanced over at the crowd spotting Draco almost immediately. He of course, looked miserable as he always did. Which I didn't understand why he was here if he was going to just sulk in the stands. He must have felt me staring because he then looked directly at me. I tried to avoid his eyesight, so I hopped on my broom and then we were off.

The rest of the game was slow, but I got a good 20 more points to our team. As I followed ahead at the quaffle, which was reaching a point of no return, I stared down at the field, not realizing until now how high up I had gotten.

All of the sudden I felt my broom begin to jerk around and I couldn't contain it. I let out a yell towards Ron so he could help me, but of course he couldn't hear me over the student body. Awesome, Just my luck. It moved faster and faster until I could feel myself slipping from its grip. It felt like a similar fiasco to Harry's back in the day. My heart was raising as I began to sweat profusely from the fear of crashing toward the ground below. I felt myself tip off the edge

"Allison!" I could hear Ron exclaim as he had seemed to finally noticed from below me, but it was too late. I couldn't hang on much longer. My pointer finger slipped and then the rest just followed. Concluding in me dropping to the ground.

The fall was fast. But it also was slow. I could feel my hands try to grab onto whatever I could, even though there was nothing remotely close for me to get ahold of. You never truly notice how heavy your body is until you're falling endlessly from the sky, with only seconds of wind gushing through you and emptiness around.

I frantically looked around, as I saw Draco who stood to his feet, along with the rest of the crowd, I saw Harry as I passed him on my way down, I saw Luna and Hermione standing beside one another, anxiously, with their hands covering their mouths, and then I saw nothing, just complete darkness. It felt as though I was sucked into a void of emptiness. No feelings throughout my body, no conscious thoughts, just emptiness.

"Miss Mayhem." A sweet voice shook me awake, gently as my eyes began to flutter open. "It's time for your medicine." Madame Pomfrey chirped. I rubbed my eyes and then looked down to see one of my legs completely out of shape. Just as I was about to completely lose my cool, the door creaked open and I looked to see Ron, Luna, Harry and Hermione to come running in.

"Allison!" Hermione exclaimed as she rushed to my side, grabbing on to my hand, comfortingly. "You're awake." She smiled over at me.

"Hey, uh, yeah, I just woke up." I sighed, still somewhat in a trans of confusion. "How long have I been out?" I finally mustered up the energy to ask.

"Few days." Ron told me, as he ate one of the chocolate candies they had brought for me.

"Days?" I gasped, attempting to sit up, but only hurting myself more in the process. My parents were probably fuming right now, as if they didn't need any more reasons to hate that I participated in Quidditch. Luna moved over to me, reaching and giving me a big hug, while whispering in my ear,

"Draco's visited a few times. Those were from him." Luna referred to the flowers next to me. She said it quiet enough to where the rest of the gang couldn't hear, thankfully, considering she was the only one who knew about my betrothal to Draco. She just didn't know about the whole deatheater part of me, yet. But she knew it was coming. I just had to accept it myself, that I was now one of his followers.

"You guys, thank you for checking on me, but you should really get back to class. You know Snape wont accept me as an excuse for not showing." I laughed, slightly, through the excruciating pain. When were these meds going to kick in?

"You sure?" Harry asked me, insinuating they could stay. I nodded.

"Yeah, I should probably rest some more, anyways." I lied, as I was wide awake and there was no way I'd be able to sleep through this pain.

"Alright, if you insist." Harry agreed, hesitantly.

"We'll visit you after classes, alright?" Hermione smiled with another hug, before turning away with Luna.

"Hey, Ronald!" I shouted out, as he turned back to me. "You better sneak me some food." I winked as he smiled, chocolate covering his lips.

"You got it, Alli." He signed 'okay' with his fingers and the group departed. Shortly after they left, Draco slowly let himself in. He took a seat next to me and stared.

"It was you, wasn't it." I said finally through my clenched teeth, not really being in the right headspace. I mean Draco and I never got along, but maybe he just really was repulsed by the idea of marrying me, that he tried to kill me instead. You never know.

"No." He simply stated, not doing any good with reassuring my loopy and tired mind.

"Bullshit." I rolled my eyes. As I said, I wasn't totally all there at the time, if you know what I mean. Falling from the middle of the sky, can be sort of damaging to one. And it was hard to know who to trust.

"It was Crabbe and Goyle. I took care of it." He said. His simplicity in his answers were driving me nuts.

"Took care of it?" I asked, confused.

"Don't worry about it, Mayhem. It's handled." He assured me, as I was going to speak once more, but he stopped me with a stern look, as I realized he definitely wasn't going to tell me more. I looked down toward my hands, and then noticed his placed on the edge of my bed, just inches away. I stared at his nuckles which were almost as white as his hair, from him grasping onto the sleeve of his shirt so tight, and watched as they inched towards my hand, even more. And finally he latched onto it.

"I'm glad you're okay." He whispered. I yanked my hand away from his and scowled. Not realizing how mean I must've come off, but it was so strange seeing him somewhat kind to me? I couldn't wrap my head around it after all the years of torment and bullying.

"What're you doing?" I snapped, not understanding his motives. He couldn't seem to find the words to respond, as he looked slightly hurt from my recoil, but then he seemed to shift into a feeling of anger within moments, as he stood up, abruptly.

"You know, you're going to have to get used to me. Because you're going to marry me in a few months, and don't think for a second that Voldemort wont expect children. Because he will." He began to walk away.

"You seem to be jumping the gun a little bit, don't you think?" I commented with snide. He continued to keep his back facing me, as I watched him seem to contemplate if he should say something in rebuttal, but he must have decided against it, as he then walked away, and left. Leaving me there in silence.