eighteen / lost

Allison Malfoy

         Ron was splinched, badly, so he lay on the ground crying, in agony. Harry poured an antidote on him, that Hermione had found in her bag. As badly hurt as he had been, the antidote helped him heal within a matter if minutes. Hermione began to put a protective spell around us, so we weren't seen by anyone who would walk by. I helped Harry as we set up a tent and slept there for the night. As I lay on my cot, staring up at the top of the tent, I couldn't help but think to Draco. I knew at this point he was definitely freaking out, but he knew my friends came first. I needed to win them back, especially Hermione. I just wanted to do some good, to right all the wrongs I've been having to do instead. He knew that, he had to have.

      The next morning, the three of them each attempted to destroy the horcrux. But nothing would work. Frustrations grew high, as it was beginning to feel hopeless. I lay in the tent with Ron. He laid his head on my lap, quietly snoring as he slept, and I didn't want to move him, because we all were exhausted and he deserved some rest. I looked over to Harry, who was listening to the radio news.

"Severus Snape is the new headmaster at Hogwarts." The person said, and we looked at one and other. Of course he was.

       The next morning we walked on the grass outside the woods. We walked through trailers and alongside a shore line. We finally set up a new campsite in the middle of nowhere.

"Oh my god!" Hermione shouted. "The sword of Gryffindor! It's goblin made. Dirt and rust doesn't have an effect on the blade.

"That's what we need to destroy the horcrux!" I shouted, excited that we were finally getting somewhere.

"The sword was stolen." Ron said, sounding somewhat upset. "Yeah, I'm still here. But you guys carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun." He was pissed, that was clear now, and I looked to him, raising an eyebrow, confused as to why.

"Ron we were just talking—" I began.

"I'm not talking to you, Allison." He snapped at me and I quickly shut my mouth and looked to Harry, awkwardly.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Nothing. Now we just have to find another damned thing." He seemed tired.

"I thought you knew what you signed up for!" Harry shouted, in defense and growing irritated that all Ron seems to be contributing is sarcastic commentary and complaints.

"I thought I did too." Ron said. Harry stood up and they began to argue. Hermione tried to grab the horcrux but Ron shoved her away.

"You think I don't know how this feels?" Harry shouted toward him.

"No, you don't! Your parents are dead! You have no family!" Ron shouted. Harry jumped over at him and they began to fight. Hermione and I both pulled them apart and then Ron rushed quickly back to the tent, grabbing his things.

"Allison, you coming?" He asked me.

"What? Where?" I asked, confused.

"Away from these two." He spat, glaring over at them.

"Ron, no." I shook my head. "They need us. Harry needs us." I grabbed his arm, as he laughed at my comment. But not the kind of laugh that was joyful. It was the laugh that basically said 'screw you'. And he then left.

         The next day we apparated to another area. We had to keep moving around, to slim down the chances of getting ourselves caught. Hermione was becoming what seemed to be, depressed since Ron had left, and I tried my hardest to comfort her. We sat in our tent that night, listening to music. I lay in my bed reading a quibbler as Harry and Hermione began to dance. I laughed to myself, and then they did too. They pulled me up and we danced together. The first time in a while any of us felt a bit of joy.

After we woke up, all of us did our own thing. I mostly slept, or listened to the radio for my name since I was considered high up on the death eater ladder, but I hadn't heard a thing yet and I was confused on why not. Maybe the Malfoy's decided to keep it under wraps that I had been missing, for fear of what Voldemort would do to them. Maybe they hadn't even noticed, wouldn't surprise me.
"Hermione, Allison! I found something." Harry came running out as I threw rocks off the top of this flat mountain. I turned the radio down and he handed me the snitch and it read 'I open at the close.' "We need to go to Godrics Hollow." He insisted, as Hermione began to protest, as she usually did. But we did it anyways. It was Christmas Eve. I knew the Malfoy's had their annual gathering tomorrow and I wasn't going to be there. That would definitely create some issues.

The three of us walked the street where Harry once lived. It was a grim and snowing evening, but it was beautiful.
"Theres someone watching us by the church." Hermione whispered as we looked over and followed her. Harry thinks he knows who it is. So we continued to follow. He claims she knew Dumbledore. And then we came across the house where Harrys parents died.

"You're Bathilda aren't you?" He asked the strange woman.