Recovering Everything That Was Lost

Sorry this one is real short. 

Josh could remember being alone more then anything. Hannah never came back. Then again neither did any other wendigo. Time was non-exgistant in the caves. It might be day, It might be night. He had no way of telling. It wasn't long before he grew impatient. There was nothing to do down here. If he tried to leave, he got lost. Though, he could always find his way back to the pond. He had water but at some point  he became un-bairingly hungry. He wanted to tear his insides out it hurt so much. There was nothing up here. 

He was losing his god damned mind. Rambling to himself about hunger and loneliness. Why had they left him? Just like his sisters. Just like Hannah. He was so hungry. Starving to death on the mountain alone. How had his sister survived, she had been up her longer. She had lasted a lot longer. Thats right, she had eaten Beth. There was a body in the room next door. That was a recipe for a wendigo.  He couldn't do that. Someone, Mike, anyone had to know he was up here. Some one would come find him.

***

Josh only lasted a few more days. And to him it was a dead space of time but thats how long hunger took to override his more rational thoughts. With great care he removed the body from the hooks. His hands were shaking from fear and starvation. He laid it down on the ground and kneeled down. He turned an arm over and dug his teeth in.

The only thing he could compare it to was bear meat. Bear was slightly sweet and tough. So was this man. He'd eaten bear in these woods wit his dad before. He could trick his brain into thinking he was eating bear again. It would be a lot easier to stomach that way. After that he was tearing off large pieces and stuffing his mouth. Hunger over took and he began to gorge on the flesh. 

After eating the arm and hand Josh knew he was done for. He could remember his vision going first. It wasn't ever gone completely but it was getting hard to see. He would have to squint to see really clear. After a while he had eaten the other arm and a leg. This was not normal. He was hungry all the time and the body next to him was disappearing quickly. His lip had been pulled up, every time he sat down he would touch the spot. His right cheek was being ripped open along with his lips. It hurt. The skin was raw. The cuts and scrapes he had were not healing. He was fairly sure they were infected. 

Josh found himself eating away at organs and not being repulsed. He had no way of cutting his finger nails. So they became tools to carve skin and meat off. At some point his teeth became pointed. They worked fabulously at tearing away flesh. He became stronger. Nothing hurt anymore. All other thoughts besides eat left his mind. 

The only thing left was the mans head. He dragged it over to the rest of the body and kneeled down. His teeth dug in cleanly. He ate quickly and noisily. 

"Josh?" That was his name wasn't it? He knew that voice. He stopped eating. Whoever was here was shinning lights at him. Food. More food was here. He turned his head slowly towards them. They all gasped and the head dropped from his hands as he turned fully towards them. His week limbs stumbled foreword slightly. They shouted and two of them gripped his arms. He snapped his jaws at them but to no avail. 

Once outside one crouched before him. Josh could tell it was night time. "Hey, buddy." There was that voice again. He knew this person. He slowly looked at the person in front of him. "We are going to get you some help." For some reason that sounded real. Sounded like this person meant it. "I promise."

***

The next thing he really remembers is the doctors taking him. He was strapped to a metal table, arms restrained as well as legs. There was no way to tell where he was going but there were two men wearing large protective suits. He was wheeled into a room. Along with him he could smell fresh meat. He tugged at his restraints. The two men unlaced him and quickly retreated to the outside of the cell. He gets up and stumbles to his feet.