More Complicated than it looks.

This was going to be, literally, the best sleep Josh had had in weeks. Chris's bed was so soft and nice. Plus, it smelled like Chris. Not in the "Tasty flesh" way but in the "He smells like how I want to spend the rest of my life " way.

He shut the bedroom door gingerly. This whole room smelled like Chris heavily. He'd admit it. When he was in the doctors office he wouldn't have. Best friends just don't that for each other. He came to terms with the fact that no other other friend had to deal with any of that. No friend picked their friend over the girl they liked. No friend had to fight of wendigos to save him. No friend hat to argue with police over wether they should rescue him or not. Then come to get him themselves. No friend had to take their monster cannibal friend home.

He was in love with Chris. It wasn't slow either. It had hit him hard. All the nice things Chris had done he took to heart and further. Maybe Chris didn't know he was even being that way. Maybe Chris didn't love him back. But he sure did love Chris.

Josh collapsed into the blankets and took a deep inhale. Smelled like laughter, safety, and home. He quickly flung his shirt off and slipped his pants off his body. The covers were fluffy and they warmed up quickly. Chris's aroma quickly filled his nose and lungs. He tried to take as much of it in as possible. Tried to drown himself in the pillows. Josh threw an arm around a pillow and laid his head on it.

Yes, this was ridiculous. He'd admit to that. Pretending this pillow was Chris was his only option. He might love Chris but he was fairly sure that was never going to happen. A sob escaped him. He waited for Chris to come in at the noise but no such thing. He quietly cried but eventually his tears run dry.

His rational thoughts came up. Maybe he could go for Sam. She had been there for him plenty of times. They had fun and made jokes. She was cute and possible way to good for him. Fake it till you make it, wasn't that the saying?

Maybe an hour later Chris came in. He could hear Chris's clothes drop to the floor before he climbed in. The bed immediately became twice as warm. It took a long time to go to sleep.

***

Chris had to work that day so he promised to pick up Josh after from Sam's house. He was wearing something Chris had got from his house. One of his blue flannels, a black under shirt, and blue jeans. He rapped his knuckles on her door. It took a moment but she answered with a smile.

"Josh!" He got a hug immediately.

"Hey." He chuckled a bit.

"Why are you wearing a mask?" She lead them to her living room where he chose a chair.

"Well my deviously handsome face isn't that great anymore. Trust me, you don't want to see."

"Josh, c'mon." She gave him a tilted head, smirk, and raised eyebrow combination.

"Fine, you're not going to like it." He pulled down the medical mask. Sam let out a gasp. "See."

"I feel so bad, Mike said he thought you died. We had no idea."

"Chris already apologized a bunch."

"Cute." She got up and was quickly back with water.

"Look, I wanted to say I'm sorry." He clutched his glass. "I stabbed you in the back. All because of some stupid idea I had."

"Josh, it doesn't matter. I can see where it all came from. Maybe the others can't, but they weren't talking you through everything."

"That means a lot to me." He smiled. Smiling hurt now. It pulled at his teeth and his stitches but he always felt safe in her company. He didn't think she would say it looked gross or that he should stop. She wanted him to be happy. Worse case scenario he ends up with her instead of Chris. Not that bad of a scenario.