I'm glad you are okay, bro

Chris was driving faster then he should have been. Releasing Josh meant he was good enough to be reintroduced into society. His hands were shaking as he parked his car at the office. His legs felt wobbly as he got out. Why was he so damned nervous? 

There's a man sitting on the steps waiting. At first Chris can't tell it's Josh but it becomes apparent once he is closer. His hair is messy and his gashes have been stitched closed. He's wearing a medical mask that covers his nose and mouth. Chris starts to smile.

Josh is slouched over until their eyes meet, then he straightens up. Even under the mask it is easy to tell that he is smiling. "Hey, Cochise."

He thought he wouldn't do this but all he does is gather Josh into his arms and squeeze as tight as he can "I have been worried sick about you." Josh hugs him tightly. Chris pulls away and looks his friend over. "You look like your old, not monster, self."

"Well," Josh rubs the back of his neck Chris was fairly certain why Josh was wearing the medical mask now. 

"Listen," He grips Josh's shoulders. "I don't care what you look like under the mask. You're my best friend. I've already seen that side of you up at the mountain." Josh's eyes have a tint of fear and sorrow in them. "C'mon lets get you home." He lead Josh to his car.

"Dude your car is still messy."

"Wouldn't have it another way, right?" It was as if nothing had ever really happened. Josh fiddled with the radio as they drove home. He was so glad to have his friend back.

"Mi casa, su casa, buddy." Chris pushed open his apartment door. 

"Merci"

"Dude, thats french."

"Oh well who really cares, right man?"

"Right." There was a long pause after that. Chris could feel the heavy  weight of silence on his shoulders. He was the first to move. His fingertips gently caressed Josh's cheeks and he hooked his fingers around the medical masks elastic bands. 

"Chris."

"I've already seen it, man." It still wasn't the greatest thing to look at. His teeth still stuck out but it was looking better. His mouth was stitched shut on the right side. "Wow, wow those are sharp."

Josh seemed to be a mix of anger and embarrassment. "Give it back." He reached for the mask but Chris moved his hand up and out of the shorter mans reach. 

"Dude, I. Do. Not. Care. Alright, I don't give a shit. Get that through your thick skull, Josh. You look fine and I don't care. I am so happy to have you back."  Chris gave the mask back and Josh glared as he took it.

"I still feel like a monster."

"Well you're not right?"

"I guess." The mask was fixed back over his nose and mouth.

"They released you so you must be okay."

"Its not that simple, Christopher."

This was an indication that Josh was pissed. His full name was never used unless they were fighting. Well, if they were fighting there was no backing down now. "Tell me, Whats so not simple Joshua?"

"It just isn't, okay!" Josh yelled, hands shaking as he took a bottle out of his pocket and crunched a pill between his teeth. Gagging at the taste.

"Did-Did you just think about eating me?!"

"Dr. Frazier says its a result of anxiety. My urges come back then."

Chris makes a mental note to not fight with Josh anymore. He felt super guilty. He'd made Josh's anxiety flair up. "I'm sorry"